Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else have Christmas babies??

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  • 32 Replies

My DD was born on Christmas 2007.  She is the greatest gift ever, and such a blessing.  When it comes to celebrating her birthday, nomatter how I do it, i still feel like she is getting jipped... We usually have her birthday party around 2 weeks before Christmas, but this year we are celebrating it at my parents house on the 23rd.  I dont know why, but i just feel like she is not getting as much as she would if her birthday was in any other month. It's probably all in my head, lol..  Does anyone else have a baby born on Christmas, and if so, how/when do you celebrate their birthday? 

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie944
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM

BUMP!

StarryRain
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I woke up at 8am Christmas morning, 2010, looked at my watch, saw that it said 8:00, and my water broke. Labor didn't progress when i went in at noon, so I finally broke down and got Pitocin after we tried everything else, including Cervadil. At 1:51am, the 26th, Karlyle Annabelle was born. I'll post a pic.... She was the only baby born between Christmas and the next day. :) Everyone called her the Christmas baby, and they gave her a hat with a poinsettia on it at the hospital.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My middle child was due Christmas 2003 and all I wanted that year was for him to wait so I didn't miss xmas with my then 3yo.

He was born on the 28th. He's always been an amazingly patient child. I tell him all the time that even in my tummy he was thinking of others first.

We do his birthday the second week of January. I've never put any thought into how much he gets or if he should get more from people. We look at birthdays as a day to reflect on the year and how amazing it's been...then to look forward to the next year. I would be fine if he didn't get anything. In fact we don't even invite people to a party, we keep it intimate.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

jeniemarie
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:15 PM
my DD was born the 22nd which is close enough to cause problems. weve been doing her party a week or 2 before her bday. this year its on her birthday. but i think im going to start waiting till january or having a half bday party when she gets older. i have the same issue with DS since his is Nov 20th just before thanksgiving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Why not wait to celebrate it until a few weeks after Christmas?

rocknmom85
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:19 PM

No, but I am one myself :) Actually born on the 26th but my parents always would make sure I did something special after christmas, even if it wasn't a birthday party (since everyone was out of town or burned out from christmas). We would go to the snow, or go shopping and to the movies, one time my mom took me to the salon to get pampered...stuff like that. For gifts I would usually just get money from my parents as a teen, I rarely got gifts from friends though. I am so used to not having birthday parties it really doesn't  phase me, and never really bothered me. I don't really like birthday parties to be honest, but I'm weird like that ;)

ashandmasysmom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM
My sons birthday is November 20th as well. He is three and we have tried every year to have a party for him yet no one shows because the holidays are too busy so they say. My MIL has even taken to giving him his birthday present as a joint Christmas/birthday present.

Quoting jeniemarie:

my DD was born the 22nd which is close enough to cause problems. weve been doing her party a week or 2 before her bday. this year its on her birthday. but i think im going to start waiting till january or having a half bday party when she gets older. i have the same issue with DS since his is Nov 20th just before thanksgiving

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenzachsam
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM

My oldest ds's birthday is December 29th.  Right smack dab in between Christmas and New Years, so it's hard to find kids to celebrate his birthday on that day.  Parents are either going out of town or plans are already made.  

angie944
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM

That's a good idea... I think i might start celebrating it after the holidays instead. Because when we celebrate it before, it's still hectic and not sooo birthday vibed... Maybe next year we will celebrate it January 15th or something. =) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)