Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why don't you talk to your kids?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM
  • 318 Replies
I work in a restaurant, and come into contact with lots of different kinds of people. One of these varieties of families that confuses me is the family that comes in and sets their kids up with movies or video games while they eat. Of course I can't ask them why....so I ask you. I know there are some of you here.

So here's my question.....why not interact with your kids during these precious times?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3grls4517
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:16 PM

BUMP!

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this

They're annoying....duh!

No, seriously, no games or toys at the table for us.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

christina0607
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Same for us. I know not everyone is like this though.

However...I do find my kids annoying at times:-)

Quoting jillbailey26:

They're annoying....duh!

No, seriously, no games or toys at the table for us.

kitchen.ninja
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM
We do that sometimes. If we get so busy running errands and last minute decide to eat the kids may get video game time as a reward.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I allow my kids to read their Kindles or text while we wait for the food...I see it no different than giving them crayons and paper (like all the restaurants here do). But when the food arrives, the electronics go away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM
3 moms liked this

I always wondered that too...... no electronics at our dinners, home or out. We avoid restraunts with TVs all over the walls too.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Never seen that. I bring crayons to keep them busy, so they aren't hugging about when the food comes, but we do communicate.
christina0607
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Why not use that time to interact with your kids?

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

I allow my kids to read their Kindles or text while we wait for the food...I see it no different than giving them crayons and paper (like all the restaurants here do). But when the food arrives, the electronics go away.
sharonrena
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I don't get it either.  Seriously, TALK to your kids.  Ask them about their day, their wishes and dreams, anything at all.  

christina0607
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I feel like they all have TVs. I guess I don't mind that so much, as long as there is no sound. We've never really acknowledged them.

Quoting SuperPickle:

I always wondered that too...... no electronics at our dinners, home or out. We avoid restraunts with TVs all over the walls too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)