Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being unreasonable?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM
  • 22 Replies

I'm only taking 2 weeks off when I have the baby (I do in home daycare) DH thinks it would be a good idea to host a dinner for his family during those 2 weeks since im too pregnant to travel for Christmas. I dont know if im going to be up to it! He says "why, what is the big deal?" This will be his first baby (my third) I try to explain recovery time and lack of energy but I dont think he gets it.I want to have them here before the baby comes. He wants to have them come after to meet the baby...which is understandable. But its stressful and alot of work to host! So now im stressing and worrying about this.

This is sad but those two weeks are really my vacation. Why never take vactation! And I need it! I am working right up to delivery. And Its hard. I just had an ultrasound and the baby is measuring on the big side. 7lbs at 36 weeks.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If he wants to host a dinner, make HIM host it.

christina0607
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Why don't you have them come after and help you make dinner...or have them bring dishes. Or have him do the dinner.

I completely undstand his desire to have his family come see the baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SparklePants
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Honestly? Yeah a little. Like you said, it's his first, he wants to show off his baby, tell him if he wants to host a dinner though then he can handle the brunt of the work, you did just have the baby after all!

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Theres no way in hell youre gonna be able to host a dinner! Hes out of his mind. Have your dr tell him how unreasonable that is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Open are you planning a c section?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Its not that big of a deal order some pizzas, take out chineese, or even giant subs.

There - thats a post partum dinner party.

SparklePants
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Its not that big of a deal order some pizzas, take out chineese, or even giant subs.

Ppffftttt... You mean HOAGIES.   

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I do mean hoagies but since i get WTF is a HOAGIE half the time I say HOAGIE i have learned to speak in nationwide speak. sub.

Quoting SparklePants:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Due9
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I can relate to what you are thinking. After giving birth, you are TIRED and still feeling bloated and icky. It's not the most pleasant time to host a dinner for alot of people. My dh wants his parents here before and after the baby. He doesn't understand that, that is stressful for ME because I am not that close to them and I feel uncomfortable having them in my house for a month! Yes, he wants them here for one month!

Anyhow, I would do what you think you can handle. Don't expect a man to understand how a woman feels after childbirth.

SparklePants
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Fair 'nuff

Have you tried the new WAWA hot drinks? I had a French vanilla latte and it was like drinking hot melted vanilla ice cream, fucking delicious!!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I do mean hoagies but since i get WTF is a HOAGIE half the time I say HOAGIE i have learned to speak in nationwide speak. sub.

Quoting SparklePants:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)