Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas presents

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 17 Replies

how many presents do you think a 3 year old and one year old should?? HOw many should you spend?? I dont really know me and hubs are going shopping saturday and were curious.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Uh my 10 month old got three from us. When my first son was one he got seriously 50 waste. Three year old a few. Last year my three year old got like 15 that was a waste as well. So this year everyone is getting no more than three
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:51 PM

i think 3 would be a perfect amount for those ages.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Since my oldest was a baby we have done 4, something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read....cost depends entirely on your personal budget.

joshlor2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM
We get the kids 3 presents. Baby Jesus got 3 gifts so that seems like a good number. Of course Santa brings a gift and stuffs the stockings.
inspain
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think there's a magic number, but I also don't believe in overwhelming children with gifts.  I think too many gifts actually take the fun out of it.  

More than 1, but fewer than 10?

kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I spent a hundred dollars on each child. They all have between 4 and 5 presents. Depending how expensive the gift was determined how many they got. My kids were taught young that quanity is not as important and quality.

blazenangel5
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I agree! I have said on here that it's ridiculous to shower a child with tons of gifts and was called bitter I am not bitter by any means. I just feel we shouldn't raise our kids to view holidays as $ signs and make them think they are entitled. I used to get tons for my Kids and cringe as things got thrown aside and not touched! One yr my daughter wanted the video camera Barbie so bad..I ran out and got it and it was lost in the sea of gifts and never played with...it was fifty bucks! Now they get like 5 and they seem happier actually!

Quoting inspain:

I don't think there's a magic number, but I also don't believe in overwhelming children with gifts.  I think too many gifts actually take the fun out of it.  

More than 1, but fewer than 10?

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:12 AM
There is no set number of presents or amount of money. I would guess if you had to wait until 2 days before you shouldn't be spending much unless yoy just like waiting until the very last second
connorsmom2009
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Bump

mamaeagle216
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Our monsters are 3.5&2 and they are getting 17 each and 3 combo gifts from us, maybe 8 each from my parents, 4 each from my MIL and heaven knows how many from my brothers and sisters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)