Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LPN

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 15 Replies
Any one here an LPN? Do you like it? Is the pay good?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nursesummer
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I am!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blazenangel5
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I was going for mine but with four kids and working I decided I don't have the time to dedicate to it. I'm doing human services instead. It's decent pay from what I've been told by the ones I work with (I'm a cna).
piwife
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:22 PM
How do you like it? Am sahm and I want to go to college now and I was thinking of going for that. My biggest fear is the math that is required :(

Quoting Nursesummer:

I am!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nursesummer
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I love it. But I've been doing it for a very long time. And school was easy for me.
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:03 AM
I love it! I work in a doctors office. The math wasn't that hard, there is a formula for everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megshere
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I was told they are phasing out LPNs, so I am just going straight for RN.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM
I love it! I am in school to get my rn. I am a night supervisor at a nursing home. I only work 2 days a weeks and make almost $40,000 a year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM
There are fast track programs once you are a LPn. Also they will never be able to phase out Lpns. Doctors offices and nursinf homes rely on them too heavy. They will phase out med techs first.

Quoting Megshere:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILoveMyFam
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Megshere:

This, I'm an associates degree RN and have been told I need to start looking at getting my BSN...in the hospitals you see it especially.  If you want to work in a nursing home or doctors office you'll probably be fine.

Megshere
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Well, around here LPNs are a dying breed. The major hospital and a lot of dr offices don't hire them. They want either CNA or RN for their nurse staff.

So, before you get into a program OP, I would check your area first. Maybe talk to an advisor, like I did. I asked about the LPN program and she told me my best bet would be going for RN. You could even do a ASN, which is only 2 years to get your RN. LPNs are limited in what they can do and where they can work.

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

There are fast track programs once you are a LPn. Also they will never be able to phase out Lpns. Doctors offices and nursinf homes rely on them too heavy. They will phase out med techs first.

Quoting Megshere:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)