Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

EDIT #2. EDIT* Do you think this is abuse? Should I report it, or stay out of it?

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 102 Replies
I work for the state DMR (department of mental retardation).
I usually work Monday-Friday but my boss was in a bind and needed someone to cover today. I have only worked with this client once. She is in a wheel chair.
So the client I am working with today is a 24 hour care. Their is a third shift worker, it's a 'sleeping shift' meaning 11-8 they sleep on couch as long as client sleeps.
Anyway, I come in for 8, and the woman before me says "she has been banging on the wall since 6am, but I was just SO tired!"

I just say ok, confused, and she leaves..I go in her room, and she's on the ground, and has soiled her pants.

It just seems neglectful that the woman just ignored her. I'm sure she didn't know she was on the ground, but still!

Ok ETA**
The staff all needs to write in the company iPad every shift. Then at the end of the day, it's emailed to boss.
Almost every day people wrote that she woke up, then they let her go back to sleep..something along those words.
Then first shift almost always writes that she had either urinated or had a BM in bed.
So they are even saying they are doing these things. I don't know if there'a a point in me saying anything.. I was thinking about at least talking to her mom when she comes to visit at 2pm.

Ok edit #2.
So aggravated that people are saying *I* am not doing my job right.
I was saying that everyone knows (including family) that this always happens. I am not saying it's right, but what am I suppose to do??
I did get her up, cleaned. Asked her if it normally happens and she didn't really say anything.
I did what I could. I called my boss and told her what happened. She said "yeah I know, it's a usual thing"
I then told the mom. She says "I know, she gives everyone a hard time about using the bathroom"
I also put in the notes WORD for WORD what happened. Those go higher up then just my boss. Clients social worked.
Sorry but *I* do my job very well. Sorry everyone took it the wrong way.
Thank you to those who gave me good advice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmama711
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I say report it. That's so sad and just wrong
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ptowncards05
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Umm yes I would report it!!!
Jade89
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Report it!!

robbinsroost
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Report it!
MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM

um... yeah report. that was her job to be up and taking care of the client.  And esp. when the client was banging and asking for help. 

That was the caretakers JOB she didn't do it and client was hurt. On the floor and as you know if you stay soiled for an amount of time the skin gets burned and in females there is the added risk of vaginal infection.

HELL NO!!!!

divinedimension
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM

That's disgusting and despicable. REPORT her. :(

bowribbonmama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Report it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sun_Shine_990
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM
omg! Yes if the one befor you wouldn't take care of the patient I'd diffently report the nurse. That is so sad...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerriAnne2606
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I agree with everyone else - report it.  

pochaccotx
by invisible one on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:32 AM
report her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)