Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Whole chicken.. Help.

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM
  • 25 Replies
So someone at work gave us three frozen whole chickens. I have no idea how to cook these. Or clean them. Do they need to be cleaned?? :/

Help. I really don't want to toss out all that meat. Food isn't cheap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Why would you toss them???  Just thaw...unwrap...rinse with cold water....pat dry....season to your taste and bake in a 350 degree overn...time depends on size.....try Google

Aivlys_
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM
This.. it is easy to bake whole chickens!

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Why would you toss them???  Just thaw...unwrap...rinse with cold water....pat dry....season to your taste and bake in a 350 degree overn...time depends on size.....try Google

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momin2004
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM

One of my kids favs is chicken enchilladas. So I boil the chicken then shred the meat off of it and make the enchilladas. Good luck

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Make homemade chicken soup.  Do a search on www.allrecipes.com you will get all the recipes you could ever want.

SThompson21
by Evil.Minion on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM
You can thaw it out, clean the inside of it out, boil it, shred it and put the meat back into the water you boiled it in. Make some dumplings with bisquick and water, have your pot of water/chicken boiling, and drop small spoonfuls of the bisquick into the water, and cook until the dumplings are done. Add a little salt and pepper. You will have a yummy pot of chicken n dumplings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Thaw, then throw into the crockpot with 4 C water.  :-)  When fully cooked (6 to 8 hours depending on the size and age of the bird), take the meat off the bones and use it in pretty much anything you like.

brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM

so many things you can do with it! roast it in the oven with veggies like you would a roast,  cook it like a turkey, cut it up and boil it to make chicken soup,  cook it and use the meat for other recipes.. the list is endless!

_WC_Mama
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Why would you need to toss them out ?,put them in the Freezer....I love making recipies with Baked Chicken,there are a ton you could make..

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Make beercan chicken on the grill
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

why would you throw away a whole chicken?

Thaw,

Wash (no soap)

pat dry, 

rub in

olive oil

pepper

salt

onion pwd

garlic pwd

rosemary

bake 350, until inner thigh meat reads 170.

let sit for 20 mins

cut up

eat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)