Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Guitar Question.....

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

SD 13 got a guitar for Christmas.  didnt really think about it when grandma ordered it but SD is left handed.  Is there certain ones for left handed or aare they all the same?

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
epoh
by Emerald Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM
It shouldn't matter. SD should find a teacher who can teach left-handers though. I'm a lefty and can pluck a few tunes on a regular guitar.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krista778
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Jimi Hendrix was left handed, he played with his guitar upside down. But now they do make left handed guitars

jeepygirl
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:20 PM

They do make left handed guitars, but it's really only necessary if you're talking about an electric, and even then you can make do without a specific left handed guitar. Just restring it for a lefty and you're good to go.

Ok, actually, forgot to mention, you'll also have to flip the bridge as well if it's acoustic. If you aren't handy and not really sure of what you're doing, I would probably take it back and get one specifically for a lefty or take it to a shop that can do the work for you.

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM

She can either learn to play right handed, like a lot of lefties do, or return it for a lefty guitar.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)