Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New Years Eve with kids

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 77 Replies
1 mom liked this

What plans do you have with your kids for New Years Eve? I'm looking for some ideas:)

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:16 PM
My kids always try to stay up...but never make it. So I don't bother.we'll have Chinese food and pizza maybe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjgmommy05
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

We usually stay home play games or watch movies and eat with family.  Me and hubby always have shrimp though.  No one else will eat it.  We will  have some drinks as well.  No one will be out drinking and driving either.  It's not worth it so we all stay here at the house.  

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a fire outside & make smores. Our neighbor does a huge fireworks show. We grill food & have a little party.
trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM

My mom invited us over for board games, dinner, party favors, drinks for the adults, sparkling cider for the kids :) My kids won't make it until midnight but at least it will be a good time :)

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM

We will probably be playing board games and dd is usually OUT before fireworks start.  We are on west coast so we can watch the NY ones on tv earlier.  Step son will be over to watch wrestling if it is on.

Raesreppilf
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I found out last night that DH has to be at work at 5 am the next day, so I'll have to come up with some quiet activities for the kids to do that night.

_WC_Mama
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM

My children always try to stay up too but they never make it,sometimes we get those fake plastic wine glasses from the party store and toast with apple juice,the last time I ever did something for new years was years ago when I was younger we would go over to my aunts and watch the fireworks shoot off from the space needle...I have been craving Chinese Food maybe I will order out just for fun who knows though...

kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

We play games and have hot cocoa. They get to stay up late, but not till midnight. 

Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Last year DS was a little over a month old so my best friend and I watched a Walking Dead marathon, got greek food, and I had a couple beers.
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

We have an Ice Cream Sundae buffet for dinner then just watch movies and stuff until they pass out LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)