Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I called the cops on my neighbor and he got a $175 fine

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 28 Replies

I'm sure i'm the bad bitch on the block now, especially cause 3 of the 4 houses around mine are his family, but i'm so sick of him. I love dogs, i have 3 pet dogs and 3 rescue dogs that i'm trying to find homes for. 

He has a pit bull, don't get me wrong i LOVE pits, thats actually what 3 of my dogs are however i know enough about a pit bull, or really any dog in general to know if there not raised right, they can be vicious. I've saw him kick at the dog and throw stuff at the dog so i dont think hes the best owner. The dog comes to my house a minimum of 6 times a day and goes to the bathroom in my yard. It annoys me, but i live with it. 

Recently his dog has started coming over and growling at me when i pull up to my own house. I can't even get out of the car without the dog being right outside my door. I have a 9 month old daughter who is obsessed with puppies, and i'm scared when she starts walking the dogs gonna attack her.

I've talked to him multiple times, and today he was actually right outside and WATCHED his dog growl at me as i got my daughter out of her carseat. I told him to get his dog away and back in his yard and his wife yelled "Thats my dog for Gods sake it will go whever i go"  I said thats fine but you dont need to be in my yard either so please get your dog OUT and keep it out. 

She ignored me, and everytime i looked outside the dog was in my yard. I opened the door to get the mail and the dog ran to my steps and pretty much locked me inside the house.

She yelled at the dog to get back over there that time, but when i walked back inside, he was following me again.

So i called the cops. And he agreed with me that the dog needs to be kept in a fence (which they don't even have a fence for the dog)

And they got a $175.00 fine.

Their pissed, but like hell if im gonna let my kid get attacked for the sake of being friendly to my neighboors.

Merry christmas, asshole

Lol.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstricey
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

firsttttt

cLanief
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Good. Some people need to be responsible for their animals. I lived with a friend for a month who's neighbor had a mean ass akita and that thing would lunge and growl at me any time it saw me and it was never on a leash... of course I couldn't do anythi g cuz you dont Fuck with ghetto people. Lol. And I didnt want to cause trouble for my friend since she had no choice bit to live there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Good for you! You should not have to live in fear. I would call EVERY.SINGLE. TIME. that the dog was off of their property or on mine.

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I dont blame you one bit. What they are allowing the dog to do is dangerous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Can't say I blame you, I would have called also. We also don't have a fenced yard, my dog gets put on a cable whenever she's outside, even with us in the yard. I'm too afraid of getting in trouble if she isn't. Not to mention, we live on a busy street.

Due9
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Good for you. Those people need to learn to control their pets appropriately

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Boundaries need to be set.  Good job defending your own home and family.

ArisMom208
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JulyBabies:

Good for you! You should not have to live in fear. I would call EVERY.SINGLE. TIME. that the dog was off of their property or on mine.

I plan too. It sucks cause the cops here are super slow, and i had called before but they had the dog back inside by the the cops got here. This time the dog actually ran ahead of the cop car and made the cop slam his breaks on, and then growled at the cop when he got out so now i have to get a pic with a time and date stamp on it and they'll fine him every time.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

Sagely
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:36 PM
What'd be awesome is if you could coerce the dog into your fenced area and call animal control about a stray pit.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM
There are 2 dogs on our culdesac like that (granted they are a min pin and a Chihuahua lol) but they are never on leashes, chase, bark and snarl at everyone and are just plain mean. I complained to my hoa and they fined them as well. Its idiot owners like these that get their dogs in trouble!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)