Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baby Shower Ideas???

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, here's the situation. My dh's sister is pregnant, due in March. MIL has put sil's fiance in charge (she's a women. Sil is pregnant by a donor) of baby shower games. Sil and fiance both hate games, but, sil wants to make mil happy so she's agreed to games.

But we're all at a loss as to what to do. She's having a boy if that helps at all.

So far we've suggested the freezing plastic babies in ice cubes and playing the "my water broke" game, and of course there's the classic bingo and "don't say baby" games...

Any other ideas?? Anything unique or especially for a boy??

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I went to a shower in October and they gave everyone a piece of paper with questions about the mom-to-be. There were 2 winners, they won a bottle of lotion from Bath & Body Works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM

My mom did a "Price is Right" type of game. She printed out pictures of baby items and descriptions and people had to guess the retail price. The person who got closest to the grand total of all items was the winner.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:51 AM

measure the  mom, though if she's shy, she might not like it, get a roll of toilet paper, pass it around each person eyeballs the lenght of tp that will wrap around the mom to be, closes without going over, wins

Cottonball game, good for wedding or baby showers

fill a bowl with cottonballs, put 2nd bowl about 5 ft away.  blindfold the person, give them a spoon and they have to get as many balls in the 2nd bowl, it's really funny to watch them be oh so careful with their empty spoon, though it doesn't work well with a big bunch we've found

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:53 AM

baby bingo!  This was fun!

you can print off the bingo cards online

while the mom is opening gifts, when she says one of the items on your card, mark it off

make several different cards otherwise everyone gets bingo at the same time

AMBG825
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:27 AM

We did one at my nieces shower that was actually kind of fun. They took diapers and melted chocolate bars in them. Each one different. Everyone then passed the diaper around and you had to guess which chocolate bar was in each diaper.

Christy_517
by Invisible on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Taste testing baby food. Take the labels off the jars and number them. Have everyone sample it and guess what it is. The one to get the most right wins a small prize. Its fun because a lot of baby food looks nasty lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JustMe0326
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Thank you for all the help. I did suggest the chocolate diaper one and the eating baby food one yesterday and I was told those were the two that she specifically doesn't want to do :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN