Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you be OK with this??? **edit**

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM
  • 176 Replies
1 mom liked this

My DH and I are a ripe age of 24 but we have been married since 19.  We work hard for the money we make but we are trying to save what little we have left over to pay some small debt and [hopefully] buy a house this year.

He was quite the partier back in college when we met and had alot of frat brothers that he partied with.  He has since settled down and has worked hard as a husband.  We lost our first baby and have since not gotten pregnant so there are no kids right now to worry about.

All of that aside, he had a friend in college who was alot older than his college-aged buddies who had money and always threw large parties for them.  I always felt it was odd and just ignored it...it wasn't my problem anymore and we have since moved away and he doesn't party like he did back then.

However, that friend is getting married now.  He has invited all of those old friends out to Vegas for his bachelor party.  My husband says that he doesn't care how I feel about it, he's going regardless.

I really don't have a good feeling about it.  Not only do I feel that we dont have the extra money for that to happen right now, I don't like the fact that I know how wild they can be together and the things that happen in Las Vegas aren't exactly of the purest intentions.  However, I feel that he should have fun before we try again for a baby and he is still young and is a hard-worker.

Would you feel OK with your DH going if you were in my situation?  I trust him, I just don't exactly trust the people he's with and what will possibly happen there.  I'm tired of arguing about it and I'm not getting my point across to him.  He says "any wife would let their husband go".   Please help!

****Edit*****

When he says "any wife would let their husband go" --- he said this after I told him I wasn't comfortable talking about it because I was more worried than anything and didn't like the idea.  He then replied with that --- and yes, it's very rude.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM
8 moms liked this

If you trust your husband, that should be the end of it. IF you truly trust your husband, then why shouldn't he go? If you truly trust him, there is no issue.

christina0607
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't give my husband rules. If he wanted to go....of course he could go. He is a big boy and makes his own decisions in life.

Trusting him really is all thats important. I don't understand this "I trust him but not his friends"...his friends don't make decisions for him.

However....I also don't understand this "I don't care how you feel"...was that said after you told him he couldn't go? If so I can understand his frustration, could you imagine if your husband told you what to do?

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM
4 moms liked this

my DH doesnt need my permission.. so letting him go, isnt our thing.. he does what he wants, and doesnt need a 2nd mommy.

with that said, my DH would absolutely go, i would be pushing him out the door.

these are his friends, and you say you trust him, but not the ppl he is with.. well that is saying i dont trust him.  if his friends get a bunch of strippers, big deal... are you that insecure in your marriage?

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this
No, I would not be okay with him going, but he wouldn't even consider it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this
He isn't a child that id have to LET go or not. I trust him and if he decided he was going, id support him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM
7 moms liked this
Dh wouldn't go.... he is a man, not a boy.... he doesn't need parties and Vegas and all that stuff. Dh would stay home even if we didn't have kids. Your dh needs to grow up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
greenie63
by Nancy on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

That infamous word "let." He's an adult and can do what he chooses to do in life. You may not like that he is going, but you have to trust him. 

Master_Debater
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM
I don't let him do anything. He does what he wants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMom29
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Hmmm.

What makes me pause is that your husband has told you he doesn't care how you feel about it.  That, and the fact you really don't have the resources to afford the trip would give me a bad feeling about the trip, too.

That stuff aside, if you trust your hubby, then it probably would be good for him to get away. It's only a weekend. 

christina0607
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:03 PM
8 moms liked this

Men can enjoy themselves too. this is the most ridiculous thing I have read today.

Quoting eesmommy:

Dh wouldn't go.... he is a man, not a boy.... he doesn't need parties and Vegas and all that stuff. Dh would stay home even if we didn't have kids. Your dh needs to grow up.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)