Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ultrasound results...interesting

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 47 Replies

First of all I'm kind of surprised my OB hasn't at least sent me a message. I have the results of my ultrasound from last Thursday on my online My Chart but no phone call or message from my doctor. So anyways the reason for my ultrasound was to see how big the baby is because I was measuring big. And he is big. He was 7 lbs and 2 oz. at 36 weeks.

This was in the results as well as a bunch of terms I didn't know. So I looked them up! I looked up Cephalic position-the position of the baby. OK, no biggie. Then I looked up what it meant that my placenta was "anterior"OK so I found out that's fine unless its blocking the cervix causing Previa. Then I freaked out because I had written down Previa and didnt know why. So I went back to my My Chart. It said "no signs of Previa" whew!

It also said "cervix 3.3 cm". I didn't know they could see how dilated you were with an ultrasound! And then the biggie! It read EDC 1/9/2013. Apparently my due date went from 1/20 to 1/9! Oh, and I have strep B :(   IDK, I just kind of thought some of these things were important and I would have heard something from my OB.  My next appointment is Jan 2nd.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nysa76
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM

My guess would be that your doctor is comfortable enough with the findings that he/she is waiting until your appointment to go over them with you.  I would take that as a good sign and do my best to relax until then.  Good luck!

adrianasmommy07
by Kristin on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
They measured how long your cervix is. Yours is shortening like it should at this point. Ultrasounds can also be off by up to 2 lbs either way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I never got any of my results called to me, they just talk about them at the next appointment.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM

OK, thanks

Quoting nysa76:

My guess would be that your doctor is comfortable enough with the findings that he/she is waiting until your appointment to go over them with you.  I would take that as a good sign and do my best to relax until then.  Good luck!

Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM
I believe the cervix measurement is length in an ultrasound. I wouldn't be concerned about the weight of the baby. I had a 6 pounder that measured 9lbs in the u/s. The estimated due date on ultrasounds only go by baby's measurement. For example, during my 20 week u/s baby measured at 24 weeks with a due date 1 monthb earlier than my actual due date. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM

they usually call me or send me a message

Quoting Marimaru:

I never got any of my results called to me, they just talk about them at the next appointment.

-spork2.0-
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Lol.. its not how dilated you are. How thick your cervix is. 3.3cm is usually not dilated at all. (Going off personal history - i may be wrong)

Uhmm due date 9/9??

Your due date doesnt change this late - its showing you "baby is measuring on size for a due date of 9/9".

Ds was always measuring big. He was 9lbs 6oz on the due date when he was born. They can be off up to a lb at this point.

Anterior placenta is only a concern for csection and external versions. I had one with both dd2 and ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM
It's hard to guess due dates this late because estimated weights can be off by two pounds in either direction.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM

DAMN! I wanted to be 3.3 cm dilated :(   lol....I do have a friend that has had her due date change this late. Maybe it wasnt supposed to but they changed it. She was due before me, and then 5 days after.

Quoting -spork2.0-:

Lol.. its not how dilated you are. How thick your cervix is. 3.3cm is usually not dilated at all. (Going off personal history - i may be wrong)

Uhmm due date 9/9??

Your due date doesnt change this late - its showing you "baby is measuring on size for a due date of 9/9".

Ds was always measuring big. He was 9lbs 6oz on the due date when he was born. They can be off up to a lb at this point.

Anterior placenta is only a concern for csection and external versions. I had one with both dd2 and ds.

kellysparkles
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a lot in common (this is my first pregnancy)!  I'm 38 weeks and yesterday I had a growth scan and she's 7lb 8oz, my cervic was 1.8cm (I have no idea what that means lol), and I, too, tested positive for Group B Strep.  That part just means we'll have to be on antibiotics for the duration of the labor so our babies don't contract it.  My next appt is new year's eve!  Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN