Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you/would you spend on bras? UPDATE Update #2

Posted by   + Show Post

I had some extra money and decided to get some bras, I have been wearing sport bras forever basically so I went to Victoria Secret to look and get sized bc I didn't even know my size, shameless I know...anyways my best friend/sister was w me and she told me lane Bryant has bras buy 2 get 2 so we went there and I ended up spending 80 on 4 bras, is that good...I feel like it is the are nice and comfy, and boy can I tell a difference and dh likes which is a plus also...

so would you spend that much or just do the Cheaper ones from like walmart

oh and vs had me sized wrong anyways so I'm glad I went to lane Bryant6

Update: I also went w lane bc I like more coverage and I felt like vs I was popping out too much

Update #2...I never knew a bra post would get so many responses, anyways I dont think there is anything wrong w buying cheaper bras, I normally just bought sport bras at walmart you know the ones that are like 2 for 20 or 2 for 10 I cant remember last time i even bought sport bras were before my dd#2 was born and she is a year now ... My friend told me these bras i bought should last me about 2 years before they start to fall apart, we shall see, she said the ones she bought from lane lasted her that long

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (251-257):
LisaSmock
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

$50/$75

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eshadowgirl
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:14 AM

I love bras..with coverage, yet sexy/comfy. :) I like Lane Bryant. I also buy bras thru http://www.womanwithin.com/ 

I spend anywhere from 15-36.00 per bra. So ya got a good deal :)

theresaphilly
by Theresa on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM

I only purchase bras from Victoria Secret and the are around $65.00 the prices are great.

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I don't wear bras...expect for sport bras occasionally.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I always spend a little extra for good bras, they are sooo worth it.

jslpruitt
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM

yeah the lady at lane bryant told me to start on the last hook and as it loosens over time to go in so thats what i am doing

Quoting smokeyjo:

If you spent $80 on four bras, that is really good. My daughter and I just spent $300 between the two of us on bras- four each, and panties, 8 each, and she got a slimming slip for under some of her dresses. I think, as long as you buy a well fitting bra, that you are comfortable in, it has the proper amount of support then it matters not if you spend $15 at WalMart or $45 at a department store. Just a tip or two- always wash and then hang dry; never wear the same bra more than two days in a row and put two days rest between bras, if you are able. The elastic needs two days to recover that way, as the elastic stretches, you can slowly change hooks as bras should fit well on the very last set of hooks when you buy them that way you can tighten up the fit as the elastic stretches.

sydetrak1991
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM

well i shop at layne bryant and they are GREAT bras they are a little pricy but so worth it they last a long time, and are very comfy and supportive and $80 at victoras secret would probley cost more...and not last as long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN