Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

*UPDATE pg. 7* All knowledgeable moms HELP! Please any 411 would be awesome!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM
  • 70 Replies
Im sure I will have to divulge more info as the replies go on, but here is the gist. My bff is the beneficiary of a trust (on a house). Well her dad recently passed away. Since 07 she had a verabal agreement w/ her dad to pay rent becuz the house would eventually be hers. WELL after his passing she was still giving "rent" to her step monster. Bff was laid off recently, wrote a letter 2 sm tellin her & asked that the $3k she was owed by her dad (a loan) be applied to rent while she looks for a job. Sm said no and did a 3 day notice. Well this was all after my bff had a letter sent to her sm by an attorney. Reason being bff asked sm for a copy of the trust & sm said no. The attorneys letter stated she had til 12/20 to deliver the trust & that its against the law to not have & gave penal codes. Sm gave it to the attorneys office on due date but attorney hasnt been able to read it to bff yet (theyre on Xmas break til next week). See my reply 2 this post for more info if I run out of room. So bff didnt respond ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM
to the 3 day & sm called bff. It ended w/ sm being nasty so bff hung up. Today there was a notice taped to bffs door. It was court paper work telling bff she has 5 days to respond. Mind u today is Fri and then Tues is New Yrs day. Anyways bff wasnt officially served. Isnt that illegal? And anyways does anyone know about trusts and legal rights of her as a renter and all this? OH and bff thinks sm hasnt been claiming the house as rental property so how could she be collecting rent and from the beneficiary of the house? Oh and sm said n the court papers that she was owner of the house and well she isnt on the deed. The deed says the owner is the trust. Now sm is only the trustee on the house. Oh and public record says only bffs dads name on the house. Btw we live in CA and this is a community property state if that makes any difference to those knowledgeable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
In some states you have to give a tenant 30 days notice on any eviction. And by tenant I mean someone who has set up legal residency by living there for 30 days even with a verbal agreement. No lease needed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Oh yeah thats right she didnt even serve he w/ a 30 day lmao. She txtd her sayin this is ur 30 day and bff replied with I need that in writing. Does a txt count? Plus anyways bff is beneficiary to the trust on the house. Thats more what im interested n helping her out with. I mean its basically her house right? And shes being sued and asked to move? Smh. Ty btw for replying.

Quoting beaugrl0824:

In some states you have to give a tenant 30 days notice on any eviction. And by tenant I mean someone who has set up legal residency by living there for 30 days even with a verbal agreement. No lease needed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM

No clue but here's a bump for ya!

2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Thank you. How ya been? Havent seen ya in awhile. And anyways I figure in all the thousands of people that come on here and n this group someone has gotta know something. Lol.

Quoting CampClan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I've been doing okay. Just trying to get through Christmas without going crazy! LOL

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Thank you. How ya been? Havent seen ya in awhile. And anyways I figure in all the thousands of people that come on here and n this group someone has gotta know something. Lol.

Quoting CampClan:

bebe_ju-rah
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM
I don't think text counts as a legal "notice". She needs to get a hold of that document asap. She doesn't have her attorney's cell?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommymelissa76
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry. No idea..bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN