Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

S/o of the bra post...if you spend $10 on a bra * edit **another edit

Posted by   + Show Post
What kind is it? (Push up, demi, full coverage)

How long do they last?

What size are you? (If it isnt too personal)

I am just curious. I am a pretty average size I think (36D) and I prefer Victoria Secret, but I have purchased bras from penny's also. I havw gotten a few from target but I don't think I have ever gotten one for $10.

*I read somewhere that you should get a new one every 6 months, I read somewhere else was once a year...

** ok so I can now say I have purchased a bra for less the $10. However they were for my 15 year old daughter. Target is having a clearance sale and I got 5 bras for about $35
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
cmc638
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I'm a 32 c and have lots of issues finding this size. But I work at Kohls and we have awesome clearance bras all the time for like 5 to 10 bucks id really recommend checking out clearance if you're looking for something cheap and good quality
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I like the *cross my heart* type of bras.  Also, a lot of women are measured wrong due to places like VS. If you are measured properly and buy a good bra, you will be supported without the use of underwire.

Quoting ColieO:

Serious question, what kind of bras actually support boobs without them having underwire? I've tried without the wire before and they don't seem to work. It looks and feels awkward.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

In this department, I am definitely a *you get what you pay for* kind of girl. I would never wear a $10.00 bra.

FYI.... Most push up bras are made with underwire and those type of bras are the worst. They can cause scar tissue in your breasts and can cause other issues as well. Stay clear of anything with an underwire.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM
In my opinion you cannot get a great quality bra for $10, so this girl wouldn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

All of my bras were on sale at Sears for less than $10. They were originally a lot more but I waited until the sale hit because I'm cheap. I don't have much in the way of boobs though so they work for me. They last about a year, maybe longer. I usually buy about 3 of the same kind in different colors. 

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM
I have spent $10 or less on bras. Some have lasted a couple months, most have lasted a year. Not too bad. They are nothing fancy but support well.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM

$10 for a bra is super cheap. Not going to last.

I always just buy regular bras. No push up but very thin pad feel with an underwire. I think I have great boobs, no need for anything extra.

pipers_mom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:27 AM
VS push up bra-Size 34AA-$50 each. Currently I'm bf so I just buy whatever is most comfy...I don't want to buy fancy, expensive, bras that will be way too big (wearing 34B-34C right now) once we're no longer bf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madwifa
by Robin on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I have paid up to 75 dollars for a bra and it was great but did not last long.

I have for the past 5 years use only playtex secretes the one with side support they are both sexy and comfortable. I wear a 38ddd.

I am short so I like to find a supportive bra that will not go way up my underarms and these do the job.

I also do get fitted once a year and it is funny how you do change. I recently lost 20 lbs and went down in band size but up in cup size.

I think smaller ppl can pay less for a bra then those who are larger.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I don't like underwire so most of my bras are sports bras and cost anywhere from 10 to 15 and last me several years. I wear a 38 d.

AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

The way that I get mine for $10 is to wait til kohls sends me a $10 off any purchase card- go to the clearance rack of once-$30-bras, find one for $5-$12, buy.   :)  They work great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)