Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

S/o of the bra post...if you spend $10 on a bra * edit **another edit

Posted by   + Show Post
What kind is it? (Push up, demi, full coverage)

How long do they last?

What size are you? (If it isnt too personal)

I am just curious. I am a pretty average size I think (36D) and I prefer Victoria Secret, but I have purchased bras from penny's also. I havw gotten a few from target but I don't think I have ever gotten one for $10.

*I read somewhere that you should get a new one every 6 months, I read somewhere else was once a year...

** ok so I can now say I have purchased a bra for less the $10. However they were for my 15 year old daughter. Target is having a clearance sale and I got 5 bras for about $35
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Replies (51-60):
dommad2
by Tamara on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:01 PM
What do you use for support? I find that the ones without underwire either don't hold em up or hurt my back!

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

In this department, I am definitely a *you get what you pay for* kind of girl. I would never wear a $10.00 bra.

FYI.... Most push up bras are made with underwire and those type of bras are the worst. They can cause scar tissue in your breasts and can cause other issues as well. Stay clear of anything with an underwire.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in love with the Genie Bra!!

You get two for $20
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I am a 36C. Started out as a B cup. But have gotten bigger (no weight gain. I think the lifting at work and perked them up a lil bit). I wear everyday for the last 3 years the VS Bombshell bra. I got 3 of them and just a 4th as a present. I love them. They are comfortable. I wear their sexy bras sometimes too for something different. But all I wear are VS.

I agree with a pp. Pay for quality for your girls and your feet. I work in a hospital as a custodian. So I pay for good shoes too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Ditto this. Im a 34DD right now and Im only 5 months pregnant. No way in hell I could go without a underwire

Quoting dommad2:

What do you use for support? I find that the ones without underwire either don't hold em up or hurt my back!

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

In this department, I am definitely a *you get what you pay for* kind of girl. I would never wear a $10.00 bra.

FYI.... Most push up bras are made with underwire and those type of bras are the worst. They can cause scar tissue in your breasts and can cause other issues as well. Stay clear of anything with an underwire.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I like the *cross my heart* type bras. Something like this..... I've never had an issue with back problems and they support me very well.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/playtex-bra-18-hour-original-comfort-strap-bra-4693?ID=560825&CategoryID=225&LinkType=PDPZ1

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/playtex-bra-18-hour-stylish-support-bra-4608?ID=680625&CategoryID=55090#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D23%26ruleId%3D23%26slotId%3D7

Quoting dommad2:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

SciFiMama91
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Push up style, 2 years, 34B/C depending on the bra.
moneysaver6
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I'm a 36G so I can't buy a bra in "normal" stores. VS doesn't carry my size. Even Lane Bryant doesn't usually offer them in store. They'll have 42G & up, but not something for someone who is smaller around but with a bigger cup.

I usually buy from Woman Within because they have frequent sales & free shipping promotions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Good luck finding a good supportive bra for $10
catrig
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM

A 38 d/dd depending on the bra.  I usually buy them at kohls and spend between 12.00 and 25.00.  I buy them on sale/clearance.

moneysaver6
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I'm a 36G. I usually buy mine at Woman Within. I'd look horrible & would be unsupported with a sports bra. I will pay more for a bra (up to $50, on occasion), but they last at least a year. Because I always have 2 on hand, it works out to me buying a new one every year.

Quoting SJF1989:

Is anyone here...horribly huge? Like boob size, I'm a 46DDD...on a good day. I just buy sports bras...because I've completely given up, I don't have 70 to pay for a bra that fits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)