Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What kind of bras do you buy for your daughters?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 25 Replies
I was looking at the vs pink bras online but they all look like push up sexy type. I don't want to buy 12 and 14 year old sexy bras lol! Usually I just get them whatever they have at target but I buy myself good bras and thought maybe I should get them good ones too. I kind of feel bad buying the cheep bras lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

so far nothing but when it is time she will get good cotton ones.  No teenager needs the 30 dollar bras.  They can get those when they have a job and pay for themselves.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Yeah I usually just get whatever I can find at target there isn't much of a choice though. Maybe we will hit penny's. I hate how all the little girl bras are padded though. I didn't wear vs bras until I could buy my own.

Quoting frndlyfn:

so far nothing but when it is time she will get good cotton ones.  No teenager needs the 30 dollar bras.  They can get those when they have a job and pay for themselves.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

My 8 & 11 year olds get theirs from Justice. My 17 year old gets hers from VS. She started at Justice too but it was called Limited Too back then. I like their things. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I always liked maidenform brand even from my teen years.  I did a search on teen bras and maidenform came up.  The padding is to help shape their breasts.  I saw some cute bralettes that had no padding.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Yeah I usually just get whatever I can find at target there isn't much of a choice though. Maybe we will hit penny's. I hate how all the little girl bras are padded though. I didn't wear vs bras until I could buy my own.

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Justice was Limited too? I did not know that.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

My 8 & 11 year olds get theirs from Justice. My 17 year old gets hers from VS. She started at Justice too but it was called Limited Too back then. I like their things. 

jslpruitt
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

My dds aren't old enough yet, but I am sure I will buy cheap ones to start with

Rust.n.Gears
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Yeah we had a few stores and all they did was change the signage. Everything else stayed exactly the same. It was back when neopets was the big thing. I remember it all when my 17 was like 10 or so.  

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Given that i had no children then, no reason go to in to either.  DD is 6 so just now getting into their sizes but we have yet to find anything there she likes aside from the toys.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Yeah we had a few stores and all they did was change the signage. Everything else stayed exactly the same. It was back when neopets was the big thing. I remember it all when my 17 was like 10 or so.  

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

My daughter doesn't want underwire bras, I don't blame her as they are uncomfortable and I quit wearing them years ago.  She likes the cami bras with out the hooks in the back.  I usually buy her bras at target or kohls.  Vickies doesn't really have a lot of bras that she would find comfortable.

Paperfishies
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I buy my 9 year old the training type bras from target. When she starts needing a real bra with actual form, I will go to Victoria's Secret.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN