Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you honestly said you would stand by your kids and support them no matter what?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
Rust.n.Gears
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Of course I would. I may not accept what they do but I still love them. I will still love them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mgm_5
by Mari on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM
like another person has said you can stand by your child without condoning anything they have done, just never give up on them
LaughingTattoo
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Nothing...absolutely nothing could alter my love for my children

Bennett121
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I raise my kids to live by the morals and standards I set for them. If they stray from that, then no. I will not support them. I am fairly lenient and I don't restrict them much, but when I do, it's on the big stuff. 

SciFiMama91
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I would make sure he was punished for his crimes but I'd still be there for him. I will always love him even when I don't love his actions.
Lottie925
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I guess it depends on what the definition of "stand by" would be. So far my young children are on a good path. I would assume at this point that if something like that happened, mental illness or crazy circumstances took a part in any horrible wrong doing. Would I help them to the best of my ability? Yes. But I would not encourage pleading not guilty to a crime that they clearly commited. At least, I would like to think that.

I have a friend whose child has oppositional defiance disorder. I can totally see how at some point you can't handle it anymore.

catrig
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Yes, but that doesn't mean I would agree with what they do.  If they murdered somebody, raped somebody, etc.  I would make them to responsibility.

daughteroftruth
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM

there is a huge difference between standing by them and condoning their actions.  I could not condone their actions, and would expect them to face the consequences whatever they may be, but I don't think that I could turn my back on them. In my mind, supporting someone means standing next to them and encouraging them to do the right thing.  Even if that means standing next to them while they face the death penalty. 

Quoting ArisMom208:

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

TableforSeven
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Yes - I will stand by my kids no matter what.  Even if, G-d forbid, that means sitting behind them in a courtroom or visiting them in prison.....they are my children and always will be.

christina0607
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM

no I wouldn't support nhem in anything they do.

I would be there for them and give them anything they need...but no never would I claim to be supportive of any choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)