Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you honestly said you would stand by your kids and support them no matter what?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Replies (111-115):
Rosesandlilys
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

This.

Quoting acaisha:

I honestly can say I would, because I have. When my son was charged with sexual assault I stood by him to get the help he needs. We don't have to love the things our children do, sometimes we will hate their actions to our very core. But they are our children and you can stand beside them without condoning or accepting their terrible behavioror.

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I will always love my daughter and any future kids I have but I don't know if I could support them in extreme cases (rape, murder, etc.). 

kris0921
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM
This explains it exactly! I would stand behind my child to get them the help they need. I wouldnt be supporting their bad behaviors.

Quoting acaisha:

I honestly can say I would, because I have. When my son was charged with sexual assault I stood by him to get the help he needs. We don't have to love the things our children do, sometimes we will hate their actions to our very core. But they are our children and you can stand beside them without condoning or accepting their terrible behavioror.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRi
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Yes I would.  I would also turn him into the police or things of that nature.  I would stand by them, support them, get them a lawyer, therapy, what ever... Supporting doesn't mean allow them to get away with murder.  Supporting them means always loving them, no matter what.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I have adopted a child (now an adult) that we had to terminate the rights due to seriously harming our other adopted child, me, and the pets--It was very hard and did not insitently do this.  We tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and got tons of help and nothing working-I still care about him but the other family members were in serious danger and he would refuse for years to get any help and all we did was support and support and support him-We can still care but I can not put the other children in severe danger-

Hardest decision and heart breaking beyond words can even describe.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN