Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you honestly said you would stand by your kids and support them no matter what?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
TAG_ur_it
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:32 PM

no.  i can't.  if one of my kids molested or murdered a child, that is unforgivable.  i'd make sure they went to jail.  doesn't mean i wouldn't love them, but in that instance, i would not stand in support of their actions.

AubreeG16
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Yes I would. If you heard about this story from Northern NY,

Mother Poisons Kids

A mother of three children is being accused by trying to kill her three children. She poisoned the kids' applesauce by lacing it with prescription and OTC drugs.

Police found the children in a hotel room semiconscious. All the children are listed in critical condition.

They found the mother in a cemetery, where she overdosed on antidepressants but is still alive. She was charged with assault and attemped murder and being held without bail. The woman was in the psychiatric hospital but was released before this happened.

She is my cousin(by marrige) and her dad comletly abandoned her. He never visits her, and wel neither does any of the family. Im not sure if her kids do. And the oldest 2 kids wont eat applesauce anymore. I wouldnt let my kid sit in prision and rot. I would visit, and make sure he/she was getting help

thatgirl70
by Carin on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Well, it would depend. If my son grew up to be a rapist, child molester, cold-blooded murderer, no I can't say I would. I would be very hurt that the boy I raised became such a monster. I may still love him but I could not stand by and abide what he did.

Of course I hope that never happens.

SourRoses
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Loving and supporting doesn't mean condoning.
My son is my son, and no terrible actions he can hypithedicaly do will change that. I have a biological instinct to love my child. If any of those situations came to pass in my own life I would always and forever continue to be his mother.
Will I hate what he did? YES
Will I tell him he was wrong? YES
will I think he needs punishment? YES
will I think It's OK just because He's my son? NO
Will I visit and write him YES
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Quoting RheaF:

No, I would not. I will love my Child no matter what. However, I could not support their decision to kill, rape, etc.

Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Can i ask why you put a dash inside God? You aren't using his name in vain.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Yes - I will stand by my kids no matter what.  Even if, G-d forbid, that means sitting behind them in a courtroom or visiting them in prison.....they are my children and always will be.

TheMrs407
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Yes, but standing by them and supporting them may mean insuring they receive the mental help or punishment they need. It's not much different than insuring your child is disciplined when needed.
TableforSeven
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM

It is a respect thing.  I never write out The Name anywhere that it will be erased.  It is common among religious-Jews (like me).  We treat the written Name with respect. 

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting TableforSeven:

Yes - I will stand by my kids no matter what.  Even if, G-d forbid, that means sitting behind them in a courtroom or visiting them in prison.....they are my children and always will be.

Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I treat the written name with respect also, but I understand your logic.

Quoting TableforSeven:

It is a respect thing.  I never write out The Name anywhere that it will be erased.  It is common among religious-Jews (like me).  We treat the written Name with respect. 

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting TableforSeven:

ArisMom208
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Quoting AubreeG16:

Yes I would. If you heard about this story from Northern NY,

Mother Poisons Kids

A mother of three children is being accused by trying to kill her three children. She poisoned the kids' applesauce by lacing it with prescription and OTC drugs.

Police found the children in a hotel room semiconscious. All the children are listed in critical condition.

They found the mother in a cemetery, where she overdosed on antidepressants but is still alive. She was charged with assault and attemped murder and being held without bail. The woman was in the psychiatric hospital but was released before this happened.

She is my cousin(by marrige) and her dad comletly abandoned her. He never visits her, and wel neither does any of the family. Im not sure if her kids do. And the oldest 2 kids wont eat applesauce anymore. I wouldnt let my kid sit in prision and rot. I would visit, and make sure he/she was getting help

Wow, thats horrible. Did all three kids make it? I can see that two did, but you never mentioned the third. 

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN