Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you honestly said you would stand by your kids and support them no matter what?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Replies (51-60):
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I would stand by my son, it doesn't mean I would let him get away with breaking the law, or i would approve but he will always be my son, and I will always be his mother.

Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I don't know. If my kids....I don't know, killed their dad I doubt I would be able to forgive them or stand by them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I'm not sure any of us can say with absolute certainty what we'd do if our grown child committed a truly heinous crime, for example, unless it really happens to us.  But I will say this:  as far as I'm concerned, the love for my children is just about the closest thing to truly unconditional love that I can imagine exists. 

Allisonc7910
by Allison on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Not when it involves murder, rape or other horrible crime like that.  I would still love them and visit them but I would not protect them or lie for them.  Look at Adam Lanzas mother and what happened to her, psychopaths usually kill their moms first because they are the only ones that never walked away.

Twiceblessedmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yes, I could and I absolutely would.  No doubt.

nickysmom71
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM

No, no I would not, if my son turned out to be a rapist, a serial killer (well if he was a Dexter that would be all good) or a child molester....he would be disowned...no question, it would hurt of course, but it would be done.  

vevespears
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I can stand beside my kid when he says the Zombie Apocalypse is coming, sorry for that its not happening

mrs.Martinez201
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM
To an extent, being a rape victim I don't think I can I could stand by my son is he did that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ArisMom208
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Quoting 1likeme:

I would not support my child if they commuted some sort of atrocity. I simply can't imagine any one of them doing anything you mentioned.

I know, i can't imagine my daughter ever doing any of that, but i'm sure casey anthonys mom and adam lanza's mom said the same thing at one point.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I would love my child no less. But it depends on what they did. Would I stand behind them or not.  I always told our son as he was growing up.  If he got in trouble with the law. I would never bail him out of  jail. I'd tell police. You did the crime so do the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN