Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you honestly said you would stand by your kids and support them no matter what?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Replies (71-80):
Yogamom08
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I would never stop loving my son no matter what and I would recognize him as a sick individual if he committed a crime like Casey Anthony or a mass shooting. I would expect him to pay the consequences whatever they may be and hope that he could receive some kind of help. I would visit him and write letters to him whether he was in prison or an institution. But I would not condone his behavior or make excuses for him. I would not keep a secret for him if I knew he did something illegal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM

i'm not going to sit and defend their actions. but i will try everything to get them the help they need

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM

"Stand by"?  No.  Love?  Yes.

If my kid shot up a school (Adam Lanza) I couldn't "standy by" him/her in support, but I would never stop loving him/her.

Two_Hearts
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

If my daughter killed someone , or put a child in harm ..that would be the last straw for me. That is not the type of daughter i am raising.

WandaSue
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Exactly!

Quoting Paperfishies:

"Stand by"?  No.  Love?  Yes.

If my kid shot up a school (Adam Lanza) I couldn't "standy by" him/her in support, but I would never stop loving him/her.

Christy1919
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:18 AM
My love is conditional. If he harms a person depending on the circumstances I would turn my back on him if the crime was terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ONELOVEMOM
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I can honestly say that I would love my child unconditionally, but if one became a cold blooded killer.. like for the fun of it not for any psychological or societal reason.. I could not stand by my child for that one reason.. but would continue to love them..  

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I would absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, stand by them no matter what.

It's called unconditional love.

lancet98
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:06 PM

"Standing by them" doesn't mean, to me, helping them avoid  justice if they broke the law.   I wouldn't do that.

for example it would be very difficult if my child shot a bunch of people. I would still want to be at his side during the legal process, want to make sure he got fair representation, want to make sure his legal rights were not violated, make sure he was not mistreated or victimized in prison.

sherry132
by Sherry on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Yes, I would. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)