Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you honestly said you would stand by your kids and support them no matter what?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Replies (81-90):
Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I would stand by her. Supporting your child has little to do with their horrid actions, they are your kids. Most of the mother's of monsters have such guilt, the mere thought of raising someone that could do such harm is unbearable. Even ted bundy's mom spoke on his behalf, and never had a moments peace until her death. Do you think Casey Anthony's mom will ever have a normal life after? All she has left is her kid as messed up as that is. 

manicMOM_DLC
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I will always love and nurture my kids. But I wouldn't support them for crimes against persons. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be supportive of him during his punishment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica198027
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Not whatever, if they touched a child in ways they should not or even a grown woman, they are on their own. I will not put up with that I was molested by family as a child and that will not fly with me. I will disown for that shit. My oldest is lucky he is only 13 or I would have kicked him out for what he did to a girl when he started school this yr. He hugged her and then grabbed her in her crouch. I could not do anything but talk to him about it because the school told me about it 2 weeks later. So what could I really do to him but yell at him and tell him to never do that again or he would get the shit beat out of him.

BettyBoop0124
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Honestly, after tonite I can say that I can stand by my child no matter what. My neice who is more like one of my children came to me tonite and told me she was pregnant and that she has known for almost 3 months. Yes, I was upset that she kept this a secret for so long however know we must make sure the baby is ok and make the best of everything. I just hope she knows how much we love her.

And to be honest you never know what you will stand by your kids for until it happens.

jenzachsam
by Jen-N-Bug on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:09 AM

For this one I am going to say just this... I will always and I do mean always love all my children... That is unconditional love and it will never be broken...  However, if they break a law they have to pay for it.  I will not cover for them or aid and abed them.  You murder, rape, etc...  You go to jail and I will help you get the help you need...  I will not bail you out at 2am.  I will not hide you from the law...  I love you that much to get you the help that you need...  That is my thoughts on this.

juju40
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:20 AM

so if your kids murdered a person you would stand by them?? it would be very hard for me to stand by them..

MyBigFam6
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I will stand behind my kids through a lot. Hell my ss might be gay or he really is thst innocent. My five month old son has a crush on Dora and Doc Mcstuffins. Seriously gets stuck to tv n cries if u bk ock or change them. And my dd is one more cars shirt away from a shaved head and changing her name to chris. Hahahaha just po king fun at them. but supporting a chikd who raped or killed someone. Or who kilked theur child. It would be tough but I would. Not perfectly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I just read on the news that Peter Lanza picked up his son Adam Lanzas body for burial. I can't imagine......

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It depends on what you mean by "stand by them". I will always love my daughter, but that doesn't mean I would protect her from the consequences of her actions. If she were to commit a crime, particularly a violent one, I would visit her and always let her know that I still love her, but I wouldn't protect her from going to prison and facing the consequences of her actions. And I hope I would always be able to see clearly; so many parents are in denial when it comes to their kids' serious problems and they don't want to acknowledge it. But (and I say this as the sister of someone with mental-health issues) it's always better to face up to the problems early on so you can get your child the help he or she needs.

Zanny
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I would stand by my child no matter what...  I would make sure she knew she was loved by me, I was her friend, even when no one else was,  and make sure her needs were being met...  If she were guilty, I wouldn't be all... MY BABY IS INNOCENT!!   I would probably be more of.. Look, this happened, lets take care of this the right way...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)