Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you honestly said you would stand by your kids and support them no matter what?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Replies (91-100):
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Without a doubt.

momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Well, of course not. But people tend to confuse unconditional love with unconditional support and the 2 aren't the same. I will always love my children, but that doesn't mean I have to condone and support everything they do. It doesn't mean I will reject them or abandon them, but I would be very clear that I don't approve of certain behavior.
dogsrezrr
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

no I couldn't support their actions but I would never be able to stop caring for them.  I would try to but I would always hope that with a mental diagnosis and medicine they would be "normal".  I know people who would make excuses for their children and say it wasn't their fault but I couldn't go that far I don't think.

Baybeelove88
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM

They are my children, of course i will stand by them, even if they are wrong.  I would let them know that what they did was messed up, and that they have to take rsponsibility for their actions, so in that respect i suppose i wouldnt support them, but i will always stand by them.

Sandiekd21
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't condone what they did, or make excuses for them.
BUT- I would go to court and sit behind my child.
Just because they would have (in any of these situations) done something horribly wrong, doesn't mean I would stop loving them.
My love as a parent is unconditional. That means without conditions.

AmiJanell
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

No, I don't think I could if they committed a terrible crime like rape or murder...   I'm sure I would still love them... I don't know that you can not love your child... but I wouldn't stand behind them or support them in what they did

Due9
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Yes. I would still love them and be there for them to an extent...but I would not support their actions at all.

PinkDragonFly
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I stand by my kids, BUT if the cops show up for them , they can haul them off. I raised them taught them right from wrong. There are consequence for their actions. I beleive in tough love.

Sharon

join the chat today lets talk Revenge

click on pic.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

somewhere91
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM

No. I've never been in the position to have to choose, but I would say that, in some situations, no, I would not stand by them. Sexual assault or rape, I wouldn't be able to stand by them. I will always love my children, but murder or rape I wouldn't be able to support them or stand by them. 

Uniquecoolio
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I read all the replies and nobody said how I feel as well and clearly as you. I certainly hope and believe I'd react the same as you. your a great mom! your children are blessed to have you!

Quoting acaisha:

I honestly can say I would, because I have. When my son was charged with sexual assault I stood by him to get the help he needs. We don't have to love the things our children do, sometimes we will hate their actions to our very core. But they are our children and you can stand beside them without condoning or accepting their terrible behavioror.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)