Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do YOU make a grilled cheese?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM
  • 245 Replies
2 moms liked this
Well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughingTattoo
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:17 PM
4 moms liked this

Heavily butter both slices of bread, salt the butter, slap on 3 slices of cheese and wala!

christina0607
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:21 PM
11 moms liked this

Sourdough bread. Cabot white cheddar and sharp cheddar. Butter both side and put parmesan on the top and bake in the over until crispy and gooey.

acrylicmom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM

toast 2 pieces of bread and butter them -- then put about 3 to 4 slices of whatever cheese i happen to have in the fridge (usually colby jack or muenster) and either throw it in the microwave for 20 seconds (makes it a bit soggy though) or put it in a pan on the bread and let it melt.  idk. whatevr happens- :)

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM
5 moms liked this

Butter two slices of bread put 1st slice butter side down add a few slices of cheeses usually two different kinds of cheese and/or ham top with 2nd slice of bread( butter side out what 30 seconds flip what a few mins flip both sides should be toasted sandwich ready to go. 

sampson200
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:26 PM
11 moms liked this

My favorite grilled cheese to make: add sliced tomato, avacado, bacon and gruyere cheese.

Oh, lordy.

delmeg10
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
If I'm just making grilled cheese, I butter both slices of bread and melt some more butter in the pan (old not non-stick pans), then put two slices of provolone cheese and squish it down with the spatula. If we want grilled ham and cheese or grilled turkey and cheese, I do everything the same except I put one piece of cheese, one piece of ham/turkey, one more piece of cheese, and one more piece of ham/turkey. Done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Butter both sides of bread, cheese type and amount varies, assemble and fry in pan! Sometimes i use olive oil instead of butter.

Wow I could really go for one right now!

.bombshell.
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Butter a pan.
Put the bread.
Flip the bread.
Then Put cheese on bread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by Long legged mama on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM
6 moms liked this
i mayo the outside of the bread put it mayo side down three piece of cheddar then bread, flip until mayo turns golden brown on both sides and cheese melted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Butter bread....do whole stack at once.  Heat griddle.  Place one piece of bread, butter-side-down on griddle - place 2-3 pieces of cheese on top - place slice of bread butter-side-up on top.  Wait for lower piece of bread to be golden brown.....flip whole thing over.  Wait until other slice of bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.  DONE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)