Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

As the doom and gloom of possibly higher prices and higher taxes, have you started to think about how you will adjust your budget, or are you just going to wait and adjust as you go?

I'm to worried about waiting to wait.  I'm going through and looking at what can be eliminated now.  Like phones... I'm a sahm, I have Internet, I have a land line, and I"m usually home, I want to go to just a plan where I can talk and text.. I dont' need data.. but I'm not sure if I can do that. Same with dh, when he is at work, he doesn't take his phone with him, he leaves it in the car, and all he really does is text and call.  So I want to go back to old phones, but I don't want a contract, so I'm going to look into prepaid.  

I'm going to invest in a bike trailer for my bike so once it is warm enough me and the kids can bike or just walk where we need to go in town instead of using gas.  

Not sure where else we could cut, need dh to sit down with me and help dwindle down expenses. I'd rather have a plan of action in place then wait. 

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Replies (61-64):
Holztastic
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Look at Cricket too for the phones.

pampire
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM

We've been living on disability for almost a year so we are alway finding ways to cut back on expenses.

inspain
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I live in Costa Rica.  This place is overpriced as it is. 

We won't feel much of what happens in the US, as long as it doesn't go on more than a year. 

mom2swtboys
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM
We live pretty simple as it is. We just moved into my parents place (they moved in with my grandma, she cant live alone anymore). Its smaller, BUT will be paid off in March. After that we will only be payin $250/lot rent and electric. We have internet, cable & landline & one cell phone. I do the comp ads when I shop and plan to start couponing as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)