Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

new at being pregnant

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am 27 and this is my first time being pregnant they say you need to eat but how are you suppose to eat when you feel like throwing it all up doesn't matter what it is

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Eat when you can and what you can until you get over the "throwing up stage"  Try eating crackers right away.  Having small snacks helps with nausea too.

darlingdaisy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Don't let your stomach get completely empty.  Eat a little bit every hour or so.  If it gets too bad, ask your OB for phenergan. 

VetMom12
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Phenegran is the best. With my first I was so sick they had to continuously push fluids and I had to make 2 visits to the hospital. Don't let that happen, eat whatever you are craving, for me I would get sick eating healthy foods but could stomach pizza. Crazy I know, but true. Try anything but don't get dehydrated. By the way Ginger Ale in the soda aisle is not real ginger, try the natural ginger ales, they have real ginger.

shjchica
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Dry toast, crackers, when your tummy settles some opt for other light foods, chicken soup, etc. I didn't have any nausea/morning sickness so I'm no real help, but I'd follow the rules if you just were getting over a stomach bug, eat light little meals.

crazycurls920
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
O i remember that part of the pregnancy. It was miserable. Eat when you can. Try to eat healthy snacks all day. Sour and vinegar foods helped a little with the all day nauseau. Take your prenatals. I switched from the ones the doctor subscibed to the vitamin world brand with pepermint and ginger extract... That helped a little. My first trimester was not glamorous, but remember it gets easier. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msbottle
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM

thanks for all the advise i have my first ultrasound on friday to see how far along I am and to hear the baby heartbeat so excited

msbottle
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM

thank you for the advice how many children do you have

darlingdaisy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Preggie Pops All Natural Morning Sickness Drops

You can get these at Walgreens or CVS.  They really worked for me with my youngest two.

http://www.drugstore.com/preggie-pops-all-natural-morning-sickness-drops/qxp155150?aid=336064&aparam=preggie%20pops&scinit1=preggie%20pops&adpos=1t1&creative=7023974715

Congrats.  Hope it passes soon.  The second trimester is usually better.

peachesforme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM

all I could eat my first pregnancy in the first trimester was cheese and crackers, and pimento cheese sandwiches. that's all I could stomach.  Don't let your stomach get empty, snack all day and you'll feel better.

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM

The eating thing/morning sickness can be a bit tricky, I had rather bad "morning sickness" everyday including the one on which I went into labor. Eating was difficult, at times almost impossible, there were stretches when I could only eat a certain food/foods. I lived for a time on plain, dry roast beef sandwiches and lemonade. Try to eat when you can and do let you doctor know so they can monitor the situation, good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)