Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Could I be pregnant ?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:44 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hi , have a question and was wondering if anyone has had the same experience and can maybe give me some advice.  I was supposed to get my period on November 30th 2012 and it did not come until december 9th 2012. so I was about 9 days late, this is very unusual for me because I am always on time and never late. After being 3 and 4 days late I took  a pregnancy test and they were both what seemed to be negative, though one looked like barely a line was there so im not sure if that was just an evap line?  so on the 9th day of being late for my period I had some bleeding which lasted for about a day and then was kind of brownish.  There was about a 2 week period before my missed period that I was so exhausted all I wanted to do was sleep , I couldnt get out of bed thats how exhausted I was. Im not sure if the two are related ? Ive never been that late for my period , any advice whould be appreciated

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tristahope
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Yes I would say it is possible that u could be pregnant. Take another test but get a digital one this time.

Was it lots of blood or just spotting on the 9th?

Keep us posted. GOOD LUCK & BABY DUST.
Ciaodarlings
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Sometimes periods can just be out of whack for no reason. Take another test.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM

take a test and then if you are not sure , go in to doctor for a blood test.  Those can be more definitive than the at home tests.

EAzizM
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:26 AM
Well, if you had sex, you can be pregnant...
Anyway, go take a blood test.
111kiki111
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:08 AM

It wasnt that much and Im never late

Lauren491
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:19 AM
You should definitely go get a blood test done.

You only bled for a day?

Make a Dr appointment. I had a pregnancy that started similar to this that wound up to be ectopic. Not saying I think you're having one, but you'll feel better knowing for sure what's going on either way.

Good luck to you!
veganistic
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:00 AM
Maybe you had a chemical preg.
veganistic
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:08 AM
Have you taken any more tests since then? The one day bleeding is kind of suspect.
veganistic
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:08 AM
Have you taken any more tests since then? The one day bleeding is kind of suspect.
Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Well the obvious answer is if you have unprotected sex at any given time during this last month then yes you could be pregnant.  Wait another a couple days then retest. If you still get a negative go see your dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN