Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Is there a free ride home in your town during the holidays?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 170

View Results

For about 20 years now, one of the local attorneys in town, pays for cab rides to people who've had too much to drink.

They do it from Dec 1 through till about 1am on new years day.

now there are 3 attorneys in town that offer the service

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Replies (101-110):
Gorilla_Mama
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I said other because there isn't during the holidays but during summer there are bike cabs that provide free rides home for people who drank to much. But we live where it snows and in a tourist town so their mostly needed during summers. A lot of restaurants actually close from oct to may around here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissMissfit
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:39 PM

AAA offers free tows and rides home, and the L.A. metro rail is offering free transports till 2am.

deadlights86
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Aaa will give you a ride home I think a lot of the cabs will as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:40 PM

AAA does it for the students at the University here. 

Homeschoolmom99
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Yes and also there are a few bars that have vans to take you home FREE our mayor helps pay for it. He owns the local ambulance service and says he knows first hand what drunk driving does

iansusie
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Just found out that the neighboring parish is doing it. You call 911 and they will send a cab to you as long as both the pick up and delivery address are in the same parish. 

treysmama06
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Nope the cops wouldnt make money if they did that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hmzmom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:47 PM

our local police will give you a ride home if you have driven uptown and are unable to drive home.  there is also teenage kids that offer rides for a fee to help raise money for different charities.

kdgord
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Ours does for some holidays...I know for sure they do for New Years Eve and for St Patrick's Day. Here it is called Tipsy Tow and is a service provided by AAA for free for the person and their car.

daughteroftruth
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I honestly do not know. I don't go out drinking, and really our town is so small that if you got drunk at one of the two bars we have, someone would take you home since everyone knows everyone.. and if not.. both bars are right in the center of town, so unless you live out of town, then it can't be a long walk home since our town is pretty much I think 8 blocks by 12 blocks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)