Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Is there a free ride home in your town during the holidays?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 170

View Results

For about 20 years now, one of the local attorneys in town, pays for cab rides to people who've had too much to drink.

They do it from Dec 1 through till about 1am on new years day.

now there are 3 attorneys in town that offer the service

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM
We have it here. The agency dh works for also has the "dwi taxi". The front half is painted like a patrol car & the back half like a taxi.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

that's even better, that they take your car home, too

Quoting mommy2nicky07:

I live in San Diego and they are putting up flyers everywhere saying AAA will be giving free rides on NYE. They will also take your car home for free.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Hauptman Obrien does it, for the last 20 or 30 years, it's not  "city sponsored" service

i've lived here my whole life and i remember when they first started it

now there are couple different offices that offer to pay for your ride home

Quoting LexJaxKar:

Quoting spastic_poodle:

Yes... but I'm also in Nebraska (Omaha area.) Have you ever actually used the service? I'd like to try but always feel like there must be a catch or something.

Omaha has it? I use to live there and never heard of them having it. They just recently start it?

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Here, it's not the cab service that gives free rides, the local atty office picks up the tab, so it's still a bonanza for the local cab company(both  of them, LOL)

Quoting SuperPickle:

We have one cab service in my town and it is VERY expensive.....New Years is a bonanza for them(and usually a 3-4 hour minimum wait time), I doubt they would ever offer a free ride....The main(and largest) social gathering spot does have a shuttle service that is pretty flexible with drop offs, especially on holidays

RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM

no, but AAA does. everywhere, from what i understand... and they tow ur car home too from what im told. i work nye, so i havent actually had to use it

thatgirl70
by Carin on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM

No idea. Since we don't go out to the bars it's not something we need so I don't keep up.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM

they'll pick you up from anywhere in town, not just bars...if you go out to eat and both have a two glasses of wine, in the month of December, call a cab service and one of the local atty offices will pick up the tab.  take you home, safely.

Quoting thatgirl70:

No idea. Since we don't go out to the bars it's not something we need so I don't keep up.

Evenstar.
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1am seems a little early to stop
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiarra7022
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM

No but we did have one bar that went out and bought a small bus and used it for that reason but only for ppl drinking there. I think its a good idea and will save lives

bcauseimthemom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM

That is amazing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)