Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Is there a free ride home in your town during the holidays?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 170

View Results

For about 20 years now, one of the local attorneys in town, pays for cab rides to people who've had too much to drink.

They do it from Dec 1 through till about 1am on new years day.

now there are 3 attorneys in town that offer the service

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Replies (41-50):
SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Yes they are offering free cab rides. On the main st where there are bars and resturants having parties
Not sure about the buses, but im going to assume they are going to do it with certain ones running on those st
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM
We have to go to liquor stores for everything. A few convenient stores will have beer and wine, but not many

Quoting ninipanini:

LOL Me too.  We can buy beer, wine and liquor in our grocery stores.  I never realized this was unusual until  CM.  LOL

Quoting epoh:

I'd cry.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I live in a dry town.  There is no public sales of alcohol.  There is no house in town that cant be walked to.  There are only about 70 houses and the town is less than a square mile. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Nope.

All of my bars are within walking of homes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spastic_poodle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM
I believe op is in the Omaha area too. We've had it here for at least as long as I've been an adult

Quoting LexJaxKar:

Quoting spastic_poodle:

Yes... but I'm also in Nebraska (Omaha area.) Have you ever actually used the service? I'd like to try but always feel like there must be a catch or something.

Omaha has it? I use to live there and never heard of them having it. They just recently start it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Ahh, that's good. We don't drink much at all, I haven't drank regulary since my 20's and DH will have half a bottle of beer every now and then, LOL.

Quoting ninipanini:

they'll pick you up from anywhere in town, not just bars...if you go out to eat and both have a two glasses of wine, in the month of December, call a cab service and one of the local atty offices will pick up the tab.  take you home, safely.

Quoting thatgirl70:

No idea. Since we don't go out to the bars it's not something we need so I don't keep up.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Idk, but AAA does it and you don't even have to be a member.

-spork2.0-
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I think AAA offers that service too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeG16
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM
My town doesn't have taxis..... but when you are drunk, the bartender will give you a ride. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heartlight617
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Not that I am aware of, but there are several restaurants that do! Also, if you think you are going to drink, try to make pre-determined time call for a local taxi. Better safe than sorry.
NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM

found this on facebook

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)