Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone have a use for old TVs?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 3 working TVs that are in my basement taking up space.  They are the old analog type.  We used to keep them around to hook up games or dvd players to.  One by one they have been replaced by flat screen digital TVs.  They do work so I feel odd about throwing them out but I really have no use for them.  

Is there any point in trying to find a person who will take them (Id love it since disposing of TVs costs money around here) or do I have to face facts and if I dont want them, nobody else does either?

The same goes for a foot locker full of vhs tapes.  Mainly kids tapes from when my 17 year old was a pre schooler.  Anywhere that these could go?  Does anyone have anything to play these on?  There must be 50 or more disney movies alone that are headed to the garbage. 

I hate wasting perfectly good stuff but at some point its got to get out of my way. 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Replies (21-22):
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM

There's a show on TV where they make fish tanks out of old things such as a television set. Maybe a repair shop would like the old parts. A high school or college class that is learning how to repair things?

25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I bet if you were selling it for $100.00 there would be lots of callers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)