Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Best relief for back pain?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

i did something to my back. i dont know what though and i dont have insurance (my kids does but not me) anyways i need relief bad. its down in the very bottom by the tailbone and the hip joints. i need some over the counter relief. a friend gave me some flexril but i am only taking half doses so i can function

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sarah824
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Aleve, heating pad, rest

MommyFlood
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Ice, 20mins on 20 mins off, for new injuries less than 72hrs old. Heat just draws blood to the area which causes more discomfort once heat is removed. Chiro told me you can take 4 Advil and 1 Tylenol every 6-8hrs as needed for maximum pain relief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I have been but advil and tylenol doesn't even touch it

Quoting MommyFlood:

Ice, 20mins on 20 mins off, for new injuries less than 72hrs old. Heat just draws blood to the area which causes more discomfort once heat is removed. Chiro told me you can take 4 Advil and 1 Tylenol every 6-8hrs as needed for maximum pain relief.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Ive never had good relief with otc relief for back pain. I had major back surgery in july and need two more next yr so I know all about back pain. You may need to see a dr.... esp if you dont get relief!

The only thing that semi helped me before getting an appt with my back surgeon was a heating pad! Heat works wonder. My aunt says icing your back helps too!

Good luck hun :)
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM

thank you

taking a hot shower helps a lot but i just dont know what to do anymore

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Ive never had good relief with otc relief for back pain. I had major back surgery in july and need two more next yr so I know all about back pain. You may need to see a dr.... esp if you dont get relief!

The only thing that semi helped me before getting an appt with my back surgeon was a heating pad! Heat works wonder.:-) My aunt says icing your back helps too!

Good luck hun :.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Quoting silverdawn99:

Yeah if it doesnt improve you may want to consider urgent care. Do you have a clinic in your area...they usually have sliding scales based on monthly income. Thats how I started out in Nov 2011.. i didnt have ins when i first started having multiple health issues. Most places allow payment plans too. That way you can get some relief. Ive had great results with baclofen which is a muscle relaxer. That paired with pain meds helps me function on a daily basis. Btw my aunt takes flexril *sp* and gabapentin!
Amy127
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM
I would stick with 4 Advil or ibuprofen every 6-8 hours. Ice and heat alternate, you want the inflamation to go down. I would see a chiropractor over the urgent care. Chiro will treat the source of pain, urgent care will give u pills to mask the pain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN