Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you keep your heat set at?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM
  • 102 Replies

I have been keeping mine set at 60 and running my edenpure. My central heat has not kicked on. Downstairs is pretty chilly (like 62) but my main floor is at 69. My house is about 1200 sq ft on each floor. I got this on xmas and has been running pretty much constantly. I am just hoping my electric bill isnt outrageous but on a plus side I have not had to fill my oil tank this year =)

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Between 65 and 70. I like it a little chilly we just layer up with blankets and sweats
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
A_McCool
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM

risaspieces
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I don't have a heater, but seeing as its never colder than 45 ( and that's rare) here we just keep doors and windows closed and layer up.
givenshl
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Ang9403
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM
On average 60. However we're having a lazy day today so its at 67. I find if were just sitting around we need it warmer. We dont use or have a need for another form of heat...but yes I would think that will kill your electric bill. We use oil to.
tiarra7022
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM

We have ours set on 70 but it always reads lower. Could be the house is old along with every thing in it. We also use a edenpure and it keep our downstairs comfortable. Normally we dont hear the heat kick on till it get super cold at night. Ours does make our bill a little higher but its still cheaper then using our gas heat all the time

NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I keep mine set at 65.  It gets too hot on the 2nd floor if we have it warm on the first floor.  

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:21 PM

We do not have a thermostat to speak of but we use a space heater rather than gas powered fireplace to keep the rooms warm.  We only have one wall unit and that is in bedroom.  Bathroom as a ""heat lamp"and living room has the fireplace.

MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM
We don't even have out heat on in our house and it's 65... If we turn on the heat it gets way too hot!! Thank goodness for living in a well insulated middle unit townhouse. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)