Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

High testosterone? WTF?!?!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

My dog has issues lol I cannot wait to get him fixed!

He tries to hump every person who comes in my house with me as the exception. He even tries to hump my kids. If there is no one around he will hump the blanket that is in his kennel.

There is a lady that lives behind us, he used to go outside and play with her dog but after a couple times he started trying to hump her, and the last 2 times they were outside together he peed on her owners foot and then went straight to her.

I don't know what else to do other than fixing him, which will definitely be happening in the next month.

The only way I can stop him from doing it is locking him in his kennel when anyone is around, and my kids have to have a baby gate on their bedroom door so he can't get to them because as soon as they are where he can get them he goes straight for their leg and I have to pull him off and hold him while he wiggles around trying to get away.

I am going nuts! (no pun intended lmao)

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM

How old is he?  He should have been fixed from the get go as a puppy.   Some of these behaviors may need to be trained out of him after healing from surgery.  Humping can also be a sign of dominance so it may not go away after surgery.

kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM

This is why my animals were fixed as soon as they could be. Our male dog was done at 6 months. No reason to not do it. 

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I just recently got him so I will be getting him fixed as soon as possible.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

This is why my animals were fixed as soon as they could be. Our male dog was done at 6 months. No reason to not do it. 

kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Sorry I just dont see why people dont fix them. Usually a lot of people get rid of animals because of the cost of fixing them. Sad really. I hope his humping stops. 

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

I just recently got him so I will be getting him fixed as soon as possible.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)