Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where did you meet your husband/boyfriend?

Is it just me or are the men reverting back into their cave man days? Where all they want is sex, beer and burgers, in that order. Oh ya, and then a nap! Lol dating with kids is hard enough but now it seems I can't even meet anyone worth dating!

Where did you meet your special someone? I need some inspiration!

Shauna 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Replies (141-150):
Mom2JoshNXavier
by Lynn on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM
This.. Exactly

Quoting punchnpie:

We worked togather.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rainmommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:15 PM

i met my hubby at a local meat plant we both worked at we where bff for 2yrs before we decided to kick our exs to the curb and start dating and 3 month later we where married now its been 4 yrs of up and downs and we have 2 toddlers together

GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I meet my S/O at a football.

MommyCammie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I met Reid when I was 21 and on a spring break cruise with my girlfriends. We met on the beach when he helped one of my friends pull me out of the big waves.  I had snot on my face, sand in my hair (and everywhere else).  We found out he was on the same ship we were and we had dinner together the next 3 nights.  We got married 1 year later and nearly 7 years later gave birth to our twin boys Milo and Abel!

sav820
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:46 AM
DH hired/contracted my company for his Financial business, Stock Brokerage offices and we only talked by phone. My company was recommended by another local business. ( he asked about me personally I found out later ). He was casually introduced to me at a Christmas party, a mutual friend gave, he was seeing someone. ( was engaged and due to marry in 5 weeks ).She was at the Christmas party, she was drunk and passed out. Anyway they had to drive past where I lived, so they gave me a ride. I lived in a valley and very few cars can drive in during snow storms.
There was a blizzard that night with 13-16 inches of snow and he was one of three men who had a vehicle that had 4 wheel drive and offered to get me home safe. A few other men who offered me rides had reputations of not being gentlemen. So DH & Pat drove me home.
At the party , DH was very nice, well spoken, perfectly dressed, besides being very Intelligent. I knew he was a successful business man. Plus he had these Gorgeous Crystal Blue eyes, and smile, perfect teeth, just a Gorgeous sexy looking man , (he could have been a male model). 11 yrs older. lol
So about 2 days later a courier brought a package to my home. I assumed it was a business proposal from his brokerage. I never gave it a thought that he was interested in me, in any way. When I opened it, it was a note from DH asking me to dinner at this exclusive restaurant to talk about a contract.
When I arrived he stood up, took off my coat, hung it , and seated me, LOL. We had a awesome dinner , he ordered, T bones, expensive T bones and a great dinner, I noticed there were NO Prices on the damn menu and drinks.  Peeked at bill $160.00 . No Man ever bought me a meal like that LOL  He talked about business, then asked about me personally. So I told him enough. I was a single "D" young mother with a cleaning business, very simple really.
He kept staring at me, smiling and then asked to be excused. When he came back he had the Maitre d serve us a bottle of champagne to seal the business deal. As we talked, he told me more about his personal life, his family, education etc. About the up and coming wedding which was news all over the city ( He's well known ) everyone was gossiping about it. You know, the once in a decade type wedding. LOL.
She, was educated, went to boarding schools, degrees in finance, from a well known local family but she was also a drinker. They dated in High school and college, their grandmothers were best friends.(come to find out)
Anyway, we went to leave he asked me to go out with him. I said, No, sorry, your engaged, he said, he didn't think he loved her since he met me at that party and it would be over asap. He said he was drawn to me..LOLOL He said, it was weird that he had never felt this way about a woman/stranger he just recently met. He sent me flowers daily & things for DD and also bought us a TV ( we didn't own one )
Anyway, before he could break it off , she was in a car accident ( drunk) and in serious condition, he waited until she was released 3 weeks, and then told her at dinner...He was "IN LOVE" with someone else..
And the BIG wedding was called off. Three months later were finally intimate and he proposed on a trip bought me a gorgeous ring, and when we came back he had bought us ( DD & I ) a Big house and we were married 2 months later in a very romantic ceremony in Tahiti, were we honeymooned too LOL
So that was the beginning, we dated,engaged, married, had 5 children, have been married 38 yrs we're Very Happily married..We still own out businesses and currently have 18 grand children, and counting. He is gorgeous, honest,loyal, kind, generous, loving, caring, passionate, sexy, compassionate, humorous, and were still very Much In Love.. He gives 100% always for "us". And we both finally retired this year 2012 !!! Who says, Dreams don't come true...They Do!!
He is My Heart ,Soul, My every breath ! And i Thank God each & everyday for giving me a awesome man, who has given us a aweome life.!
Neuro
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:30 AM

We met at work. We worked together very well and we were both dating different people for a while until we realized that being best friends and looking for others was stupid and foolish and that we had more in our relationship with each other than we ever had in some steamy love affair or supposed "boyfriend/girlfriend". So we got hitched. It's been good ever since.

Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:46 AM

US 99 radio station date line back in 1997. Been married now for 13 years.

Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM

a bowling alley.

cryssi_renee
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I meet him at work when we were in college. He was respectful, had manners and when a customer was getting handies (sp?) with me and another female co worker he took over for us and told the guy he should treat a lady with more respect. I knew he was a keeper! He didn't even try to kiss me until we had been dating a month. Basically, I had stopped looking for a man and then, there he was.  

1smartcookie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Husband #1: College. Current husband: Work. I was technically still married to but separated from husband #1. When he found out, he filed for divorce. BEST THING HE EVER DID FOR ME!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)