Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where did you meet your husband/boyfriend?

Is it just me or are the men reverting back into their cave man days? Where all they want is sex, beer and burgers, in that order. Oh ya, and then a nap! Lol dating with kids is hard enough but now it seems I can't even meet anyone worth dating!

Where did you meet your special someone? I need some inspiration!

Shauna 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Replies (171-180):
XandersMomma07
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM

At the local bowling alley. I had just went through a bad relationship and was depressed so my brother made me get out of the houe and go with him to his league night. My cousin and her boyfriend were there (her bf also bowled in the league) so I hung out with her. We were watching the bowling and getting the guys drinks and etc and I keep feeling someone watching me. A few days later my cousin calls and invites me to hang out with her her bf and a friend of his at the bowling alley for a tournament. Her bf's friend wanted to get to know me but was to shy to talk to me alone so that was how they got us talking, we became friends first cause I wasn't ready for a relationship. I was pregnant by my ex (he cheated on me and then kicked me out and wasn't interested in the baby, about 2 week after me and the guy met I miscarried and he cared enough to stay in the hospital overnight with me. He also told me had I not lost my baby he would have claimed it as his own. That is when I knew. We started dating and have been together for 6 years.

milmil06
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Mutual friends..... And the first thing he asked me was "you have a kid" he did a background check on me with my girlfriends before approaching me at a farewell BBQ for one of the mutual friends lol I nv thought I'd find anyone I was set on being a single mother nv getting married and nv having anymore children lol now I'm married we had another child we own a house and I'm a sahm a life I always pictured having and I have it at 24... It's very possible it always seems to happen when your not looking but I promise it will happen
nikkik526
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Boyfriend; met him thur a friend 7 yrs ago (they were dateing). Now 7 yrs later and two kids for me we are dating (the friend dosent know yet), he is 13 yrs older then me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Alejandra10
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Kindergarden
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I got super lucky and met my bf when i was 14. he is super great. i honestly feel really lucky. OP, i work as a waitress at a busy bar and i see these guys acting like u describe and it really sickens me i think good men and few and far in between! dont meet them at bars thats for sure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:11 AM

We were in the same youth group together.

.KFeatherable.
by Kristyn on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I knew of him through mutual friends and such, while I was in high school. He messaged me on MySpace over 4 years ago and that is how we actually started talking to each other.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I've known my hubby since I was 14.We started dating when I turned 16 and have been together ever since. (I'm 37 now)

bressmommy2012
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I was hanging out with my best friend and her boyfriend. We went over to her boyfriend's friend's sister's house and a little while later her boyfriend's friend showed up and I thought omg he's so hot. I was pregnant with my first and thinking I was going to become a single mom so we hit it off pretty much right away and started going together. I moved in with him and we've been together ever since, this was in September 2011.

Christine9576
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM
My last boyfriend I met at work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)