Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where did you meet your husband/boyfriend?

Is it just me or are the men reverting back into their cave man days? Where all they want is sex, beer and burgers, in that order. Oh ya, and then a nap! Lol dating with kids is hard enough but now it seems I can't even meet anyone worth dating!

Where did you meet your special someone? I need some inspiration!

Shauna 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
CjEmmemommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Amazing, we had our ruff patches but have 3 beautiful (planned) children, own a nice home, I have have the blessing of staying home with our children and we are very happy!

It's amazing how much we have changed since our crazy young days but you know it's all a blessing. 

My mom was in shock but is the biggest encourager of our happy marriage and I will always be greatful for that!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

We met at a party in high school. Married 5 weeks later,

OH damn!  Id kill my daughter.  How did it work out for you though?

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a long one.  Dh tells me he met me at like 16. At the mall.  Do I remember some silly boys flirting with me one time?  One was him.  I don't remember that.  Dh claims he wanted me since then.

It starts with I was like 19 or 20.  I and some friends went to some sock hop charity thing.  One friend C. see's dh with some friend.  She asks dh to dance.  They do.  Somehow it seemed like they were hitting it off. They dated. We all hung out together at the bars.  It had to of been over year they dated.  C. tells me she was purposed  to.  Oh Congratulations.   I believed her.  But no talks of wedding plans were ever brought up. I kind or got suspicious.  Well C. then was one to start drama.

Then one day she says they broke up. She said he this that and the other thing.   Even called him a devil worshiper.  Because he liked the game Dungeons and Dragons.   They were not a couple anymore. I hadn't seen him in ages. Then one day C. says oh we're back together.  But not planning on getting married anytime soon.  Just dating.   He starts coming around again.  I figured they're an item again.

Then one day another friend L. asks if I want to go out to the night club one Saturday. I said I work.  Don't get done till like 10:30pm or so.  I said yeah if I get picked up.  I didn't drive.  L. says yeah no problem I could ride with them.   I get off work.  Go outside to see who was driving.  It's my now dh driving. With L. and her brother in the back seat.  I didn't say much to dh all evening.  I figured he was C.'s gf.  I was not getting myself in a mess.  It's bar closing.  We're getting ready to leave.  The friends I came with said. Oh someone invited us to their apartment for a after bar closing party.   Ok. I guess so.  We get to the after bar closing party.   L was talking to some guy she knew.  Her brother met a woman.  They went in another room to make out.  Dh and I are sitting on the couch.   Finally we start talking.  Dh tells me how he always liked me.  Since I wa s16 and all that.  Asks if I would go out with him.  I said well Your C's girl.  I don't mess around with someone elses woman.  He says She's not his true girl.  He says C. is just playing mind games with him.  He was just taking her for a ride.  Seeing how far she'd go with the mind games.  That he'd never marry her.  

We started secretly dating.  C. was not really dating dh anymore.  We kept things a secret for about a month.  Then C. kind of guessed I was with her supposedly ex bf.   Of course dh and I were not having a sexual relationship then.  C. claimed to be happy for us. But really wasn't I could sense. Dh and I dated a year.  Then he proposed to me.  Naturally I said yes.  I was head over heels for him.  Dh being the kind of person he is.  He wanted to do this proposal properly.  We went to my father.   Dh says I would like your dd's hand in marriage.  Dad was like Ok sure.  He wasn't expecting dh to do that.  Dad always respected dh for the person he is.   It took us a year to plan our wedding. Well Catholic weddings require at least a 9 month planning period.  Well at the parish we got married at. The old Polish priest wanted to make sure we really wanted to be married. We had to meet once a month  up till our wedding.  I still remember that priest saying like a little over a month till our wedding.  Do we have an apartment together.  Yes. We just got it.  He says. One of you in the bed.  One of you on the couch.  Dh was the only person I ever slept with. As of September 27th. 2012. We been married 26yrs.  We're still going strong.  We have a 23yr old son.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
At a disco while in college.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Through a friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Myspace!

Quoting PearlsandWhirls:

Is it just me or are the men reverting back into their cave man days? Where all they want is sex, beer and burgers, in that order. Oh ya, and then a nap! Lol dating with kids is hard enough but now it seems I can't even meet anyone worth dating!

Where did you meet your special someone? I need some inspiration!

Shauna 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM
You got us beat! We married two months later lol. 30+ years for us now.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

We met at a party in high school. Married 5 weeks later,

OH damn!  Id kill my daughter.  How did it work out for you though?

Mama_Laken
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM

You might just be going to the wrong places to meet a man. Not saying this is you, but I have a dear friend who always gets in these horrible relationships with guys who treat her like crap--but, she meets them at bars, strip clubs, parties...Prince Charming isn't really going to pop out of one of those places, y'know what I mean? x[)

Try joining a book club through your local library, or going to a charity event of sorts...

I found my man while I was in college. x[) <---possibly the easiest way to meet people! lol

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I met my husband in a NYC elevator.  We both worked in the same building in midtown - different floors. 

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM
High school and work
aprilmom73
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Highschool (junior year). Hated each other that year. Got together senior year (first date was senior prom). Married 8 years later and hve 2 girls. He is the love of my life!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)