Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ok so "Santa" brought each of my kiddos a furby, so far we have taken my son's back twice and now my daugher's and my son's have stopped working! It's not the batteries or and we tried resetting them, they just stop working after about 24 hours of use. When I took the first one back the lady said it was her 3rd in 1 hour, when I took the 2nd one back the lady said they have over 20 returned! I think I'm just getting the money back and letting them pick something else, because these things are 50 dollar paperweights.

"It is my observations, though, that happiness limits the amount of suffering one is willing to inflict upon others"
— Jacqueline Carey (Kushiel's Dart)
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Replies (11-18):
LoveOfSign
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

ouch, are these the "new" furbies? I got one when I was 8/9yrs old and it STILL works(I'm 23). Sorry you and others are having such an issue with them :-/ that sucks. I would return it for good and get something else at that rate.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM

BUMP!

kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:03 PM

So glad I did not waste the money

KalesMommy912
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I wish my sons would stop working LOL it never shuts up!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squag.mom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Shit, I wish my dd's would stop working that thing never shuts up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Quoting LoveOfSign:

ouch, are these the "new" furbies? I got one when I was 8/9yrs old and it STILL works(I'm 23). Sorry you and others are having such an issue with them :-/ that sucks. I would return it for good and get something else at that rate.

That's the craziest part to me, I still have an original that works, lol. We just took the new ones back and got a refund and the lady at the return desk said they had a pile of them to send back.

"It is my observations, though, that happiness limits the amount of suffering one is willing to inflict upon others"
— Jacqueline Carey (Kushiel's Dart)
LoveOfSign
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM

that's crazy! glad you got your money back! Geesh! Shouldn't have a pile ESP with the prices they're sold at! crazy!

Quoting periwinkle163:

Quoting LoveOfSign:

That's the craziest part to me, I still have an original that works, lol. We just took the new ones back and got a refund and the lady at the return desk said they had a pile of them to send back.

brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Ours has been going strong since christmad eve. Already started speaking english and we have got him to change personalities
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN