Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

goodwill outlet...help!! piog

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 35 Replies

So I learned about the Goodwill Outlet a Few years ago but the one Closest to me is nearly 3 hours away and being that I'm a Single Mom of 2 and I don't know how to drive I haven't had a chance to go.
...Well now that my girls are both in school my Lovely Amazing and Super Wonderful mom said she would take me on a day trip to the goodwill outlet in March as an early birthday gift!!

I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect, what I need to bring (bags,gloves,etc...) and the Pricing for everything...We plan on being there an entire day and I wanna get the most bang for my buck so to speak

I plan on going to the one in either Bridgeport, Wv or Dayton, Oh depending on which would be more stocked but I can't seem to find any photos or much info on either no matter how hard I Google =(

I’ve had some luck shopping at regular goodwill stores….,I’ve gotten a small quilted Chanel clutch for $1.50, a Lesportsac bag that was brand new I payed $1 and the original tags said $68, never worn Nine West loafers for $2, a Brown Leather Coach Purse for $2, alot of Lane Bryant clothes with tags still on, and Countless Aigner bags/wallets.

I have pretty eclectic tastes so I'm hoping to find some unique stuff but the one thing that worries me is I'm a rather curvy plus size and I'm a bit afraid I won't find any clothes in my size

34niewz.gif blinkinq skull kiss image by xxLadiiexTinkkxx

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I googled goodwill outlets and a what to expect came up. I can't link you because I'm mobile, but it was written by about.com.

Honestly it doesn't sound very pleasant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I have to agree with pp.  I wouldnt shop there.  

AshieNicole
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM

ive always enjoyed thrifting...I know its not for everyone but im all about the thrill of the hunt when it comes to shopping =)

TheMrs407
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM
The one here doesn't have much honestly. Its not worth its own trip much less a full day. We have however had a lot of wonderful experience with Once Upon A Child. Do you have one of these or something like it?
christina0607
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I'm all about thrift shops and second hand stores....however I draw the line at shopping anywhere I need to where gloves to protect my health. It also says people can get very aggressive.

God luck and stay safe.

Quoting AshieNicole:

ive always enjoyed thrifting...I know its not for everyone but im all about the thrill of the hunt when it comes to shopping =)

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

i've been to a bunch of goodwill stores but i never knew they had outlets

AshieNicole
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

we have about 6 regular goodwills and one salvation army near me...I wish we had more thrift shops but i live in a tiny town so i guess thats a pretty decent amount of shops

Quoting TheMrs407:

The one here doesn't have much honestly. Its not worth its own trip much less a full day. We have however had a lot of wonderful experience with Once Upon A Child. Do you have one of these or something like it?

AshieNicole
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM

thanks =)...I plan on wearing some thick gardening gloves, a painters mask, and packing plenty of purell...Im bringing my brother in law to act as my body guard lol 

Quoting christina0607:

I'm all about thrift shops and second hand stores....however I draw the line at shopping anywhere I need to where gloves to protect my health. It also says people can get very aggressive.

God luck and stay safe.

Quoting AshieNicole:

3mom627
by Cheryle on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM
I am sure you know it is hit or a lot of times miss at the Thrift Stores. I have not had too much luck at Goodwill. I do better at St. Vincent. DePaul. Happy Shopping

AshieNicole
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM

thanks =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN