Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

That will make me fat!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

Is what my 5 year says about anything I try to get him to eat that he doesn't want. Then he started talking about people he thought were fat. One is my best friend but luckily she lives out of state so I doubt he would say anything to her but the other is his pre-school teacher.

I am really worried he will say something to her or a stranger while we are out. I told him that it is not nice to call other people fat and that if he says something to her she might cry. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to stop it?

I have no idea where this obsession with fat is even coming from.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM

bump

Jessiful
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

When my now 8 year old was about 6 he thought he needed to lose weight because he didn't want to get fat. I have several heavy aunts and cousins who always complained about their weight and I guess he picked up on it. He would see comercials for exercise equipment and say, ' Mama I will lose weight and it will only take 6 weeks,'

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
My son pointed at a lady at walmart and said your fat i lost it on him im fat i went off on him lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Tell him he can't get fat if eats a normal Portion. Educate him on people who get fat they are eating way to much and none stop. And they do not exercise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Teach him how to live a healthy lifestyle and explain some people may be overweight due to medical problems we can not see with our eyes.   it is never nice to point out someones differences to that person.   So far dd has not done this but sd did when she was about your sons age.  She pointed at a person and said "hey you, you are fat".

Jessiful
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I really think a lot of it has to do with people constantly talking about their weight. It is such a big issue that our kids pick up on it.

NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM

My 10 year old is worried about fat.  I think its from dance.  we actually have talks about what is healthy.  I think you have 2 issues to work on.  Your sons health and perception of himself and teaching your son that other peoples size is none of his business.  Teach him to respect all people and judge them for what is on the inside. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN