Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Non vaccinating mommies...need some advice

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am 100% anti vacinations, however the school here requires the kids to be fully vacinated before starting school. Hubby and i are 99% sure Ari will be doing K12 online program and not be in public school; so i really don't want her to have another vaccine. 

So for the non vaccinating moms, can u tell me why you dont vaccinate? will i be able to get WIC if shes not up 2 date? 

and because i know a few people will tell me im horrible if i dont get her vaccines, why should i? 

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crafthag
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM
What state are you in? There are waivers for every state. You can google vaccine waivers for your specific state.

You can not be denied any public assistance because of not vaccinating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberklo
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I vax but I have friends who do not.They just say its against their religion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Staylor0384
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM
You can get an exemption for any state but the reasons vary by state.
queenamy
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I live in california and havent had problem. just tell them i need a waiver to sign 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I fully vaxed my DD but plan to selectively vax this baby. I don't know anything about wic but there are plenty of ways to avoid the school thing. You'd just have to look at your state's laws. GL
PEEK05
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Yep

Quoting crafthag:

What state are you in? There are waivers for every state. You can google vaccine waivers for your specific state.

You can not be denied any public assistance because of not vaccinating.

hfaddis
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM

there are waivers just for what exactly depends on the state... and not vaxing will not disqualify them for wic or any other assistance. just look into what the rules are for your state =)

CrimsonRadiance
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Yes, you can still get WIC. They will suggest you get vaccinations, but they can NOT refuse you because of non-vaccinating. 

We don't vaccinate because my oldest ended up in the hospital after his 6 month shots. It was scary and he almost didn't make it. The doctors in the hospital and our personal doctor all said that we should not vaccinate him, nor any future siblings. 

Quoting ArisMom208:

I am 100% anti vacinations, however the school here requires the kids to be fully vacinated before starting school. Hubby and i are 99% sure Ari will be doing K12 online program and not be in public school; so i really don't want her to have another vaccine. 

So for the non vaccinating moms, can u tell me why you dont vaccinate? will i be able to get WIC if shes not up 2 date? 

and because i know a few people will tell me im horrible if i dont get her vaccines, why should i? 

clasater
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
What state are you in, have you looked into a religious exemption? I didn't think there were any states where vaccinations were absolutely required to get into school. Also you should have no problems with getting Wic or anything else. :) I don't vaccinate because I do not agree with the harmful and disgusting ingredients in vaccines.
ArisMom208
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Quoting clasater:

What state are you in, have you looked into a religious exemption? I didn't think there were any states where vaccinations were absolutely required to get into school. Also you should have no problems with getting Wic or anything else. :) I don't vaccinate because I do not agree with the harmful and disgusting ingredients in vaccines.

Im in Idaho

Teenage Mommy &Wife (ProLIFE-AntiOBAMA)

Ariannah Kate 03-07-12

I breastfeed ANYtime, ANYwhere, and would NEVER spank

I run a dog rescue, and have three "evil" pit bulls. 

March 7th 2012 && September 10 2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)