Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm going to miss her!! :-(

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have gotten to spend more time with DD#1 in the last 3-4 weeks as I have in the last 2.5 years since she started in college....and it has been WONDERFUL!!!!

It started when I was visiting her in the US to see the show she did lighting for as her senior project.  I also got to sit in on her final scriptwriting class, she and I attended a few local events, and we went to see a play at the playhouse where she did her internship this past summer.

Then she came along with me when I returned home and has been here visiting us for the last two weeks.  She and I have been touring a large portion of the country while DH is in class and the other kids are in school.  We even took an overnight trip to Jerusalem....just the two of us.  

Ever since she started college she has been insanely busy.....she was a commuter student, but even though she was "at home" we never saw her between classes, working at the school, and the theatre (her major).  Summers she has worked even harder and been around even less....even missing the last few family trips.  So this time wi her has been extra-special.  She is 20 years old and a senior this year....just one semester left to graduation.  She already has a full-time job set up after graduation.

We have to take her to the airport tomorrow night.  She plans to come visit over spring break - in March....and we'll all be in the US for her graduation in May.  But the thought of her leaving tomorrow is killing me.  I already missed her soooooo much.....but after all this wonderful mother-daughter time, I just don't want to let her go.

I am going to miss her so much. :-(

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Awww, *hugs*

That's got to be hard. But March will be here before we know it :) And good for her for being such a hard worker!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Aww that would be hard. Is she staying in the US after graduation or coming to Israel?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eshadowgirl
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Sounds like you and DD have a wonderful relationship.

I lost my momma 6yrs ago...She was my best friend and this post makes me smile and think of the memories, and also miss her

Have a wonderful New years

OrientalLily
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Awww ((hugs)). I would be having a hard time as well. Hug her tight. You'll see her soon.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

She had talked about moving here as well.....but then was offered her dream-job full-time the day after graduation.  I am thrilled for her and it really is perfect for her....but stinks for us as she would be in the states. 

But - this job will very likely lead to her touring the world with music groups.  Once that falls into place...it really won't matter where she calls "home base"....she always mentions moving here "some day". Especially after this trip - she has mentioned how tough it is leaving. 

Quoting momma-flynn:

Aww that would be hard. Is she staying in the US after graduation or coming to Israel?

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:40 AM
That sounds like a good thing for her!

Quoting TableforSeven:

She had talked about moving here as well.....but then was offered her dream-job full-time the day after graduation.  I am thrilled for her and it really is perfect for her....but stinks for us as she would be in the states. 

But - this job will very likely lead to her touring the world with music groups.  Once that falls into place...it really won't matter where she calls "home base"....she always mentions moving here "some day". Especially after this trip - she has mentioned how tough it is leaving. 

Quoting momma-flynn:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)