Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Birth Control... what is your choice?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What is your method of BC?

Options:

Mirena

Implanon

Depo-Provera

The Pill... or similiar

Ortho Evra (Patch)

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 208

View Results

It's been 5 years now since I've had the Mirena. For the most part I really like it, never had any major issues. Over the past 6 months or so I've began to have a normal period again (after not having one at all) but I figured it's just because the hormones are running out. Anyhow, I'm debating on what type of birth control I want to try next. Before the Mirena I was never on anything... which is how I ended up with my amazing little girl! :) But, I'm planning on trying to conceive in about 3 years. So I'm debating between the implanon, or the patch? I've read fertility may take a while when you are on the shot, so I don't think I want that. I'm not very good at remembering to take pills everyday, so I'm scared to be on any kind of pills. Any suggestions, thoughts, personal opinions would be greatly appreciated. I've only got a couple more weeks to make this decision. Thanks yall!

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Replies (131-134):
BaBeezandMe
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Quoting kandi2100:

thats what im getting done in three days and im nerves as hell lol how was it during? was it painful? did they give u stuff to numb it? how was it afterwards??

Quoting BaBeezandMe:

I chose other because I had the Essure procedure done ....

NO MORE FOR ME!  lol

During??  See **

**Painful??  Not at all!!!  Even when they attempted to do it in the office and couldn't.  You may cramp like a period for a few hours but that's about it.  Advil or Tylenol should help with that.

**Did they give me stuff to numb me?  I don't think they did in the office.  Like I said they tried to do it in the office but were unsuccessful because of the position of my uteris.  It's extremely tilted forward so we opted for it to be done in the OR and they did it no problem and I was under general anesthesia.

How was it afterward?  NO PROBLEMS!!!!  You won't set off airport metal detector alarms.  You will have to mention it for x-rays or other procedures in the abdominal area.

Don't worry about this, it will be easy and you will be fine.  Best of luck to you!  HUGS

noahscott
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM

we do pull and pray.. haha! really though, i can't take BC ever since i had an ectopic pregnancy (caused by birth control after being off of it for 3 months) and my husband doesn't like to use condoms.

momofJayleeM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I picked 'other' because I had a tubal after my third section. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about BC anymore :P

kandi2100
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:21 AM

aww thanks ya were doing mine in my drs office i mean im ready to get it done and over with just nervous lol

Quoting BaBeezandMe:

Quoting kandi2100:

thats what im getting done in three days and im nerves as hell lol how was it during? was it painful? did they give u stuff to numb it? how was it afterwards??

Quoting BaBeezandMe:

I chose other because I had the Essure procedure done ....

NO MORE FOR ME!  lol

During??  See **

**Painful??  Not at all!!!  Even when they attempted to do it in the office and couldn't.  You may cramp like a period for a few hours but that's about it.  Advil or Tylenol should help with that.

**Did they give me stuff to numb me?  I don't think they did in the office.  Like I said they tried to do it in the office but were unsuccessful because of the position of my uteris.  It's extremely tilted forward so we opted for it to be done in the OR and they did it no problem and I was under general anesthesia.

How was it afterward?  NO PROBLEMS!!!!  You won't set off airport metal detector alarms.  You will have to mention it for x-rays or other procedures in the abdominal area.

Don't worry about this, it will be easy and you will be fine.  Best of luck to you!  HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)