Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Socks...I hate matching them

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Do your socks match right now?

Options:

Yes

Nope

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_WC_Mama
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Right now I do not have any socks on

WendyJR
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:18 PM

No i'm not wearing any

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Yes, i hate having socks on that don't match ugh that would drive me crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karabearblu
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Well mismatching socks seems to be the "in" thing right now. Might as well follow the trend. lol.

onethentwins
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Do you hate matching them, as in having to find the match to a sock you have? Or, do you hate wearing socks that match?

your solution is either, always buy the exact same socks so they all match, OR buy yourself all kinds of fun socks that you can express your inner dislike of conformity.

80s pink

mommytam
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Yes the whole family except for dd has all white socks. I have this thing about white socks. So I have a basket full of white socks that we dig through to find 2 or your own socks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:25 PM
My socks always match...my kids on the other hand go out of their way to not match.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Quoting _WC_Mama:

Right now I do not have any socks on

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Yes - my socks always match.  My 13 year old daughter never wears matching socks.

goldilocksbecky
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Yeah, not my favorite job.  One thing that helps me is to buy/replace socks in bulk.  So if one of us needs socks, I clean out all of the old ones and buy a dozen pair of the new ones . .  All just alike (DH and DS wear white and I wear mostly black, occasionally white).  That way, if you grab two,they match.  Right now it's easy to tell DH and DS's apart because DS 's are smaller, but when he gets older I will try to get two different colored toe stripes or something.

My mom had 5 brothers, all very close in age.  Especially when they were teens and very similar in size, my grandma used to stitch a few turns of colored thread in all of their socks, underwear, jeans, shirts, etc. Each of them had a different color.  That way she could sort them by kid quickly without having to look at tags and try to distinguish 32/34 jeans from 34/32 jeans and remember who wore what.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN