Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"You don't look old enough to have 3 kids.." * Edit for those that think the kids look like me..*another edit -Thank You

Posted by   + Show Post

That is what I was told by two cashier yesterday.

I was buying shoes with my 3 kids (15 years, 11 years and 11 months). My 15 year old was holding my 11 month old and the cashier asked who the baby belonged to. They thought my youngest belong to my oldest.

I told him all three of my kids were mine. They seemed shocked. Now obviously I am old enough to have 3 kids cause I have 3 kids. And I can accept the fact that they thought I looked young, but I thought that was just an odd statement...

Anyway this is me (I am 36):

and here are my kids..

I think I look old enough to be their mommy...what do you think?

I do appreciate looking younger and I always say thank you. I don't mind being told I look younger. I just never heard I looked to young to have 3 kids....It is usually that I look to young to have a 15 year old

*EDIT...for those that think the kids look like me...this is m DH ( I think the look more like him)

Thank you all for the compliments :-)

I don't mind looking younger (even though I don't think I really look that young. I would say mayber early 30s, but I really do think I look 36.)

I wasn't upset or anything by what the cashiers. I took it as a compliment I just thought it was weird to say I didn't look old enough to have 3 kids...I know people younger then me with more kids :-)

And yeah my DH is pretty hot too (for those of you that thought he was) ;-)

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
ebbierowe
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:06 PM

lol...yeah...everytime we go some where and she is holding her sister she says "people are going to think I am a teen mom"

Quoting LoveMyKBabies:

I'm guessing that they were thinking that your youngest belonged to your oldest. Yay for nosey cashiers!

jillian_G1

Ok, I'll say 50/50

illinoismommy83

You could pass for mid-20s. I get comments all of the time about how I'm too young to have kids, blah blah. I turn 30 in a week and my oldest just turned 5 this month. I just smile and and if they took a nasty tone with me I suggest they try my moisturizer; it keeps the skin young.

Numom61507

I'm 31 and have a 5yo daughter. When she started Pre-K last year, a few people (before asking) said "Oh, I guess you were a teen mom?" Umm NO! At times, it's irritating. Other times, I embrace it...

SourRoses
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM
And your hubby is pretty cute too; )

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting jillian_G1:

You do look young, but I can tell that they are your kids they all look just like you!!

lol....you say that now ...but look at their dad...and then tell me what you think...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe

awww..thank you..

Quoting SourRoses:

You look damn good for being 36 :)

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting frndlyfn:

You do have a younger face but embrace that.  May i ask how old you were when first child was born?

I was 20...I am 36 now

mmeredith

You do look a lot younger (at least 10 years) then 36. I would just say thank you when you hear it.

ebbierowe
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:08 PM

lol...yeah....my son looks like my husband when he was that age...the baby looks like my son when he was a baby...they look like me until their faces slim down

Quoting jillian_G1:

Ok, I'll say 50/50

ebbierowe
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Quoting SourRoses:

And your hubby is pretty cute too; )

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting jillian_G1:

You do look young, but I can tell that they are your kids they all look just like you!!

lol....you say that now ...but look at their dad...and then tell me what you think...

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Defintely embrace your youthful looks.   I had dd at a "late" age, 25  LOL.  She is 6 now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN