Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"You don't look old enough to have 3 kids.." * Edit for those that think the kids look like me..*another edit -Thank You

Posted by   + Show Post

That is what I was told by two cashier yesterday.

I was buying shoes with my 3 kids (15 years, 11 years and 11 months). My 15 year old was holding my 11 month old and the cashier asked who the baby belonged to. They thought my youngest belong to my oldest.

I told him all three of my kids were mine. They seemed shocked. Now obviously I am old enough to have 3 kids cause I have 3 kids. And I can accept the fact that they thought I looked young, but I thought that was just an odd statement...

Anyway this is me (I am 36):

and here are my kids..

I think I look old enough to be their mommy...what do you think?

I do appreciate looking younger and I always say thank you. I don't mind being told I look younger. I just never heard I looked to young to have 3 kids....It is usually that I look to young to have a 15 year old

*EDIT...for those that think the kids look like me...this is m DH ( I think the look more like him)

Thank you all for the compliments :-)

I don't mind looking younger (even though I don't think I really look that young. I would say mayber early 30s, but I really do think I look 36.)

I wasn't upset or anything by what the cashiers. I took it as a compliment I just thought it was weird to say I didn't look old enough to have 3 kids...I know people younger then me with more kids :-)

And yeah my DH is pretty hot too (for those of you that thought he was) ;-)

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
mmeredith
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Quoting ebbierowe:

Oh I do....I just thought they said it in a weird way...

Quoting mmeredith:

You do look a lot younger (at least 10 years) then 36. I would just say thank you when you hear it.

I guess that's just when you say oh them there not mine, I kidnapped them!! --You have a very good looking family :)
ebbierowe
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Quoting mmeredith:

Quoting ebbierowe:

Oh I do....I just thought they said it in a weird way...

Quoting mmeredith:

You do look a lot younger (at least 10 years) then 36. I would just say thank you when you hear it.

I guess that's just when you say oh them there not mine, I kidnapped them!! --You have a very good looking family :)

lol...thanks

arj767s
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:18 PM
You look younger than you are but I don't understand how, with the age difference of your children, how you could be too old for 3 kids. I could see people saying you look too old to have your oldest though. You look good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I hear that alot. A year ago I was pushing my then 2 yr old in a stroller to daycare. I was passing this guy when he asked me "shouldnt you be in school?!" lol The daycare is a few blocks from a high school. But yeah i was 26. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:23 PM

thank you..but yeah that is what I think threw me off. If they were closer in age then it would have made more sense to me...I can understand it with my daughter but the baby is 11 months old...I surely look old enough to have a 11 month old...lol

Quoting arj767s:

You look younger than you are but I don't understand how, with the age difference of your children, how you could be too old for 3 kids. I could see people saying you look too old to have your oldest though. You look good.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:27 PM
You look... Wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I am going to assume that is a compliment (I hope) and say thank you :-)

Quoting arpazia:

You look... Wow!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momluv269
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Your children are beautiful :)

ebbierowe
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Thank you :-)

Quoting Momluv269:

Your children are beautiful :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I have a 10 and 7 year old and my stepson is almost 17. People always look down at me because I do not look 34

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)