Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"You don't look old enough to have 3 kids.." * Edit for those that think the kids look like me..*another edit -Thank You

Posted by   + Show Post

That is what I was told by two cashier yesterday.

I was buying shoes with my 3 kids (15 years, 11 years and 11 months). My 15 year old was holding my 11 month old and the cashier asked who the baby belonged to. They thought my youngest belong to my oldest.

I told him all three of my kids were mine. They seemed shocked. Now obviously I am old enough to have 3 kids cause I have 3 kids. And I can accept the fact that they thought I looked young, but I thought that was just an odd statement...

Anyway this is me (I am 36):

and here are my kids..

I think I look old enough to be their mommy...what do you think?

I do appreciate looking younger and I always say thank you. I don't mind being told I look younger. I just never heard I looked to young to have 3 kids....It is usually that I look to young to have a 15 year old

*EDIT...for those that think the kids look like me...this is m DH ( I think the look more like him)

Thank you all for the compliments :-)

I don't mind looking younger (even though I don't think I really look that young. I would say mayber early 30s, but I really do think I look 36.)

I wasn't upset or anything by what the cashiers. I took it as a compliment I just thought it was weird to say I didn't look old enough to have 3 kids...I know people younger then me with more kids :-)

And yeah my DH is pretty hot too (for those of you that thought he was) ;-)

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Replies (541-550):
blazenangel5
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM
You look like their older sister! :) def don't look 36. You are very beautiful and look youthful. I'm 30, I have four kids and my oldest is 11. When people hear me say I have four kids they give me dirty looks or shake their heads. Finally I got tired of this reaction and asked the next person " why is that so horrible? How old do you think I am?!" Which then was replied with " have u even finished high school?!" Lmao
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM

You do look young and so do I -I am the same age as you and they always think my son is my brother-LOL-He is 19 years old

The famous statement I get ALL The time-EVERYWHERE-  "Is no way that is not your kid you look way too young I thought you were anywhere b/w 16 and 26" LOL!

ebbierowe
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I don't really have any advice except to try and not let it get to you. Most people think that my older two and my youngest have different fathers I assume its because of the age difference. Even one of my OBs asked if all the kids were my husband's O_o

Quoting mamaof4Nproud:

I am 27 years old married  and I have 4 kids ages 1-6 years old , and I get asked that all the time I look about 18 , I wish I had a picture to share with you but i hate it , I am so nice I just smile an say no there all mine but I feel like cursing thenm out , can any one tell me how they would deal with it , its making me a little insecure because I already know that as an african american female  they are already assuming that i am not married, on welfare, an all these kids proably have different daddies which are all far from the truth .help me  someone give me suggestions

christinad612
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 25 and the looks I stil get when I go out with my daughter...but then, I have people refuse to sell me cigarettes or wine because I look too young, even with my I.D. God forbid I go out with all 3 of my kids, (4 year old SS, 5 year old daughter, 6 year old SS) because then all I hear is "well that's back to back ain't it!"

People should learn to mind their beeswax. Yeah, I went there. Anyway, embrace the fact that you look young. During a schol function the other day I looked around, realized I am a total MILF and was like YES!!!! You're hot now, you'll continue to be that way. BTW, Your DH is hot too. Congratutions to you, and I hope I have it together as well as you do when I am 36 with with these 3.

easthomas
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I get the same thing...Had my first about the same age you did....Just take it as a compliment and run with it...        :)

Alisvolat
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I think you look fantastic for 36!! It just means you age really well...i'm 23 and look 14 and most people think i'm a straight up liar when i tell them i have a 3 and a 1 year old. lol.

i think your youngest daughter looks just like you....but the older too definately take after dad. such beautiful children you have!!!!

dragoonfliies
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM

You're family is gorgeous!

I was 22 when my oldest was born, but have always looked really young. Everyone assumed I was much younger and I got a lot of really mean comments. Now I also have 3 and I get told all the time I look like I am in high school. Oh, well!

ihave1
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Your  oldest looks like you for sure, your two youngest im not sure.  They are all beautiful kids for sure!  You have a nice looking family.

maecntpntz219
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I might think that you look too young to have a 15 year old but not just 3 kids. Cute family though! 

Necie72
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Yes, you definitely look too young to have a teenager...  Is she also taller than you?  You have the same facial structure as her, so no denying that she's yours...  LOL  Your son looks like he favors his dad, but I can't really tell by the angle.  The baby I think is too young to tell who she favors, but she's gorgeous.  :-)  People probably think your older daughter is your sister...  People don't believe I'm 40...  My gray hair is starting to show, but people tell me that's not even a "sign" because people gray early....  I once had an older woman ask me if my DD was my GRANDDAUGHTER!!!!  I almost felt insulted...  LOL  But, then I realized at 40, I have friends who actually are grandparents!  They were teen moms who have teens who are already parents...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)