Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"You don't look old enough to have 3 kids.." * Edit for those that think the kids look like me..*another edit -Thank You

Posted by   + Show Post

That is what I was told by two cashier yesterday.

I was buying shoes with my 3 kids (15 years, 11 years and 11 months). My 15 year old was holding my 11 month old and the cashier asked who the baby belonged to. They thought my youngest belong to my oldest.

I told him all three of my kids were mine. They seemed shocked. Now obviously I am old enough to have 3 kids cause I have 3 kids. And I can accept the fact that they thought I looked young, but I thought that was just an odd statement...

Anyway this is me (I am 36):

and here are my kids..

I think I look old enough to be their mommy...what do you think?

I do appreciate looking younger and I always say thank you. I don't mind being told I look younger. I just never heard I looked to young to have 3 kids....It is usually that I look to young to have a 15 year old

*EDIT...for those that think the kids look like me...this is m DH ( I think the look more like him)

Thank you all for the compliments :-)

I don't mind looking younger (even though I don't think I really look that young. I would say mayber early 30s, but I really do think I look 36.)

I wasn't upset or anything by what the cashiers. I took it as a compliment I just thought it was weird to say I didn't look old enough to have 3 kids...I know people younger then me with more kids :-)

And yeah my DH is pretty hot too (for those of you that thought he was) ;-)

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Replies (561-570):
mamawillis
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

My mom was recently married to my dad, a teacher, when she went to the school to talk to him. She snuck in the back way, talked for a few minutes and tried to leave the same way. A security guard caught her (Yes, schools had security guards in the 70s) and said, "Ma'am, why aren't you in class?" She smiled, showed her driver's license proving she was not only in her 30s, but married to the math teacher. The guard apologized and said she'd be grateful of looking young twenty years later. My mom is pushing 60 and still looks like she could be in her mid 40s.

terri.a
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I see two beautiful parents that made some gorgeous kids!

homeschoolx3
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

You are absolutely gorgeous for being 36! Your kids are beautiful as well.

shouting

ebbierowe
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM

thanks you ladies :-)

3sillykids
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

You do look young! But I agree, not for having 3 kids, but just young in general. And Beautiful family!!

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Your older daughter looks a lot like you. You have the same eyes and smile. Your son looks just like daddy, and the youngest girl, well she doesn't really look like either of you.

Acalhoun
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Thumbs up to you! 

You're a lot like me.  I'm 37 with a 17 y/o, 15 /o and 11 y/o.  I don't feel, nor do I LOOK 37.  

There's nothing wrong with looking good at any age!

tydyco
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
You have a beautiful family!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM
You look great for 36!! Your daughter looks like she could be your younger sister. (and yes, your dh is a cutie)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Destiny907
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Well, you don't look 36!  You look 25

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)